“Slowwwwwwwww” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #153 of 363 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American, Bagels, Café, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
Description: New Day Cafe is a small breakfast and lunch restaurant/cafe with a focus on classic American fare.
“Slowwwwwwwww”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

I noted this place due to a change of ownership. It is next to my barber who told me of the change. Tried one time under the old owner and it was terrible.
My Wife and I tried for lunch. Arrived 1205, four tables occupied. Server appeared after a five minute wait and took our beverage order. Did not ask about ordering as they leave menus on the table and we had ample time to consider lunch.
We ordered sandwiches, 35 minutes for our food. No explaination for the delay.
I would have refused my wife's grilled ham & cheese, it was loaded with mayo so much so that when she picked it up it squirted. Who eats Ham & Cheese with Mayo? Uck!
Had a side of Cole Slaw; loaded with onions, very dominant taste.
Don't think we will try again.

• Visited November 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
NewDayCafeFL, Owner at New Day Cafe, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
We are extremely sorry to hear this. We are not quite sure what happened the day of your visit but this is certainly not our typical guest experience. We pride ourselves in offering only the best tasting high quality food, pleasant atmosphere and most efficient service.

Again, our apologies. We hope you will give us another try.

Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Clean and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

First stop. Had pumpkin pancakes and sausage. I like the clean setting. Bright with the windows up front.

Food - pancakes were good
Sausage- it came with three pieces of meat. The sausage were the cruise line type patties. I would rather have one real sausage patty instead of the less expensive ones. I used to own a restaurant and understand how hard it is to make it. However to stand out little things like real sausage and great bacon brings people back. The cost for this would be small but the payoff could make you stand out in town. (just a thought)

I will bring my wife back. I am sure she will enjoy the experience. The waitress did an excellent job as well. The ladies did not stop cleaning the entire time I was here. Good for you!

“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I just left feeling full and happy! Wonderful staff and owner. The food is delicious, try the eggs benedict, just fabulous. Super clean, good easy music in the background, and I love the decor. We will be back.

• Visited October 2014
“Best food in Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This place has the best food in Melbourne in addition to the friendliest and most competent new owners and staff. From breakfast to lunch, the freshness, taste and presentation can't be beat. For any previous diners who may have developed a negative view of the cafe, they need to come back and experience the new attitude and mode of operation. Better yet, the new owners have informed us that they will soon be opening for dinner. Very clean too!

• Visited August 2014
“Awesome new owners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Clean and comfortable with a very friendly and attentive staff. I had tried this place before, and had an experience something like Kathie H's, but now it has new owners and a whole different atmosphere. Its a good thing too, because this town was sorely lacking when it comes to mom and pop diners. Before, all we had was one other place, which is ok, but sometimes noisy and not the friendliest of staff. I had the breakfast yesterday, and it was perfect. I went back for lunch, and found the Philly cheese steak better than Apollo's without all the noise. I also like the background music and the price was right. The new owner asked me personally if I was satisfied, and let me know in the near future they will be open for dinner as well. That tells me they care, and that I dont have to search for a place to eat any longer.

• Visited August 2014