I eat greasy fried chicken about twice a year. This was very good greasy fried chicken !
Ordered beer. Out of 1st one. 2nd choice selected - then the waitress brought another one cause they were out of the 2nd one I ordered, but she made a substitution because; 'well, it's made by the same company'
Ordered chicken with 2 sides and cornbread, mate ordered 5-side dinner
(side salad costs extra and not on sides list - aaaaaaaaaaargh).
Waitress said - chicken cooked after ordering, so it will take 12 minutes. Fine !
About 30 minutes our meals arrive (not a crowded, in fact less than half full on a Thursday night).
Chicken laying in 1/16 inch of grease, and my little piece of cornbread was saturated (soaked).
Asked for more cornbread - 'oh that's an extra" - $4.99 aaaaargh - not worth arguing
1. cornbread should be brought immediately after ordering so we have something to keep us happy while we're waiting and waiting.
2. I don't want to taste salt - if I want more I can add it, but I can't subtract it
3. You gave a choice of cheese grits or plain grits. When 'plain' they should not be filled with cream or cream cheese or whatever that slime was
4. Nice southern atmosphere - add some low-level music that matches atmosphere.
5. Drain food before tossing on the plate.
6. Add a small side salad to your sides list (Woody's in Sebastian does it).
I really thought about ordering shrimp and grits, but was amused to see it had gouda cheese mixed in. Gouda in a southern restaurant ?
Ma and Pa Kettle:
'hey Pa, do you want some gouda on your grits'
"no Ma, I thought we agreed to keep that possum out of the kitchen"
If you own or manage Possum Crossing, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.