“Be careful with charges..” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Be careful with charges..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Be careful... there are some ripoff techniques is in action.
If you have 1 year old kid just coming along with you - you will end up paying $11 for him ....

AVOID at all cost.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Enjoyable Surprise, Great Little Family Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Four of us tried restaurant for first time tonight. First impression: Very Clean, Nice Furnishings, Friendly Staff and upscale seating with white table cloths, wine glasses in classy modern settings.
Immediately offered crackers with sauces and water. Drink orders taken and delivered quickly while server took his time to explain different dishes and recommendations. As we were not familiar with menu spent time with each of us asking for individual preferences regarding chicken/lamb/fish/shrimp/etc, then cooking styles and whether we preferred mild / spicy /or specific spices. What a great explanation to ensure we were pleased with our selections.

Each of us had different dishes that were all fantastic and enjoyed by all. Staff offered more rice to enjoy with leftovers and sauces then provided boxes and bags. Great Service.

We will be going back soon and hope to sample their lunch buffet.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus, GA
“Very good upscale Northern Indian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

First, someone said the restaurant does not serve Dosa. Dosa is more a breakfast food of Southern India. The food served here is more Northern Indian, Rajasthani, and Khashmiri.

They have a great selection covering vegetarian, lamb, chicken and fish. Their specialty is the Tandor method of cooking. That said, walking in brought me immediately back to India and I felt as if I were entering a fancy New Delhi restaurant. The decor is upscale and modern. Great table settings, great menu, great servers etc... What I really like is they do a good job of describing each dish on the menu. Go to the web site which has the menu and review prior to going.

We came in an hour before closing and I felt so badly as we were the only ones there, but they took care of us and did not rush us.

The Tandoor wings were amazing and I would highly recommend them. They had a nice spice, not too hot. My 6 year old fussed after the first bite, but I told him to eat it and I told him it was not that hot. I did not think he would eat it, but after his first wing he claimed the rest of the wings for himself. They had a sweet sauce on the plate you can dip if you want. They were so good, I would have just eaten the wings for dinner.

Butter Naan was as good as you get in India, but unfortunately you only get 4 small quarters, so get at least 2 orders to start off.

The Paneer Makhani was good. This is one of our favorite Indian dishes. I think they did an admirable job. Everyone makes the dish a little different and it may not be like your favorite, but we enjoyed it. We tried something different for us, Chicken Xacutti. It was a good dish, but the sauce was similar to the sauce of the Makhani. This is not bad, just that I wish I would have gotten something that had a different sauce. I also would prefer dark meat in my dishes. I bet you could ask to substitute dark meat in your dishes?

This is a restaurant which will take a few visits to try many of the different dishes to see which ones you like. You could also go to their lunch buffet which is probably a better way to do it. I think when I go back I'll go earlier and I will concentrate on their Tandoori specialties. Their quality is great and the food is fresh and authentic. They will cook to your level of "hotness". The prices are a little higher than I would expect, but when you look at the prices in the grocery store, I think the prices here are a good value for the quality that is served. They serve alot more than you get in some Indian restaurants that serve meals in the little metal dishes. This community is fortunate to have such a nice Indian restaurant.

I loved the wine list in an Indian restaurant and the way they displayed the bottles. I saw Kingfisher on the beer menu, but I think that is the only Indian beer.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Florida
“Addictive...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the best Indian food I have ever tasted. Every dish I have tried, which is many because of the buffet, is flavored to perfection. I am a vegetarian and Tandoor offers a wide variety of vegetarian entrées on the buffet. I visit the buffet for lunch about twice a month but dream of it in between. I have also ordered off of the menu but enjoy the variety of dishes on the buffet. The naan bread is delicious and a perfect complement to the spicy entrées I enjoy. The food is a little pricey which is why I only go twice a month but this restaurant is a jewel amongst the bland, generic restaurants in town and I hope they stay in business for a long time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“We'll be back...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had a very good dinner with another couple and everything was very good. The place was nice, server was cool and food was pretty good. We stuck to many of the staples on the menu, so next time we'll try a few new items (for us at least).

• Visited March 2013