“Eating with ambience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Eating with ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice place to eat out, quiet and worked well for a group of 8. Very courteous staff and well cooked and presented food, particularly the fillet steaks which had many positive comments around the table. Various rooms and exterior dining available.

Visited June 2013

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“The Mansion is actually Strawberry Mansion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

One of the more interesting restaurants that I've dined in. I have been there several times now and each time I learn something different about the place. For instance I found by talking to the workers they are very proud and happy to tell you some of the heritage about the place, you merely have to ask.
First time there I had asked about walking through the place to our server, and he said we encourage that, and hope that people will stop a minute, and take a look around. I found it was an old historic home with interesting architecture and very well done rooms, with a large volume of various wines, probably a thousand beer choices, if you look down the beer hall, and several well done eating areas, as well as a deli, which I thought was rather odd, but it all combines extremely well.
We enquired about the bottled wine, as the prices were very reasonable. We were told the owners pride themselves on keeping the prices low, as they say, why should people pay more here, when they can go a mile down the street and get the same wine cheaper. "Bravo to that I say."
From what I could learn the present owner bought the place sometime in around the 70's and found the structure in very good condition, so cleaned it up and added on some for the restraurant.
There is a good river view from the outside second story eating area, and the first floor was set up to feel like eating in a garden, which they have done very well. There is also inside dining, which also was very well done, with two bars, one on each level. Service was excellent, and the portions were a good size. Of the three times I've dined there now, and though the menu was varied, the meal was very good to excellent. In fact the last time there I had the steak and it was probably one of the best that I've had in a very long time, and it was very large.
I will be going back and very soon. My compliments to the owner on having such a great vision, and doing such a great job.

• Visited June 2013
Vero Beach
“Fantastic, food & service great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Attended a Gaduation party for 30 people and everything was done to perfection. Food, service, and atmosphere made for a pleasant party. A great place just to stop for lunch or hold an affair even a small wedding. Will definately go back again.

• Visited June 2012
Cocoa, Florida
“Delicious food, nice atmosphere, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My first time at this restaurant in downtown Melbourne. The restaurant is located in an old historic home, and is very attractive. The menu is more casual, than gourmet, but I ordered a dinner and it was very good, attractive presentation, and reasonably priced. My companions ordered dinner entrees as well as sandwiches and hamburgers and everyone was happy with their choices. Service was great for a large group. The only down side is the parking. There is not adequate parking for this size restaurant. There is a parking garage next door, bit we were told that restaurant patrons were not allowed to ark there and would be towed. This caused several embers of our group to have to move their cars to another lot a couple of blocks away, which also became full. I would probably not go back, due to the parking issue. Hopefully, the management will be able to work something out with the nearby parking garage, or I fear they will not survive.

• Visited May 2013
Palm Bay, Florida
“Ambiance makes up for the portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant is slightly above average, we have only been there for lunch, all of the dishes I have ordered have been fish of some type; fish tacos, etc. Although tasty I felt they skimped on the amount of fish the tacos contained (two tacos w/four little nuggets of blackened mahi) and I am not one that needs an abundance of food to be content, the ambiance is nice especially the views from the upper deck.

• Visited May 2013