“Never made it past the lobby” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4431 West New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32904 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Florida
“Never made it past the lobby”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had planned on staying here for a week or two, and while I was waiting for my fiance to meet me there, I found a cute little lobby area and ordered a drink. When my fiance arrived, I was rudely told to "step outside". I was humiliated and accused of being a prostitute. I am actually a high ranked RN and also a Paramedic. Just because my fiance is older than me, does not allow them to publicly embarrass me as a prostitute. My fiance and I offerred to show my credentials and ect. He is an active duty officer as well. THIS WAS THE MOST EMBARRASING ORDEAL and instead of apologizing, they trespassed me. I have made sure everyone in town knows the treatment I recieved on my FIRST visit in. I was told I had been there before, but I have never. This place profiles individuals incorrectly and appears to be judgemental. I have 20 years of charity work in this community and a lot of positive connections. Was sad to be treated so badly. The owner refused to even call us back. We were very polite and thought it was a joke at first. Then they called the cops. WTF.

If you are going to stay here, just make sure you are prepared to be harrased and rudely treated.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn during your recent visit to our area.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The management and reception staff received additional training in the courteous way in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Easy check in and check out, easy place to stay after Sebastian inlet fishing. Staff seem a bit rude, two pillows on each bed, blanket was too cheap. Big fridge, microwave, open wifi, nice table to play beer pong.

Room Tip: Bring your own blankets.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The management staff received additional training in the courteous way in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• I am glad that you find our Check inn and Check out process very easy. The staff was informed about your good comment you made.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of Blankets and instructed to see to the needed replacements.

Jensen Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

When I got here, I went down to front desk and asked Jackie about what I could and could not do here as I am not yet 21. She was so friendly and helpful. This hotel has a bar that I cannot go into but they do have huge plasma tvs where you can watch football and pool tables. Lots of things to do including a nice pool to swim in and not a bathtub like some hotels that is only 5 feet deep. I am 6 feet 4 inches so this is good for tall people as well as normal people. I watched a football team that is staying here play football yesterday and that was a lot of fun too. Lots of things to do for a family to relax.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
bpatel09, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

First off I want to thank you for choosing America's Best Value Inn and second thank you for the review. I hope in the future you will come back to stay with us.

Hotel Management
Fayetteville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here recently and was surprised at how worn the hotel seemed. The reviews made the hotel sound cleaner and more average than it was. While the sheets and towels were clean, and the floor vacuumed, many things about the room were dirty. Light switches, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, the safe, bathmat, front of sink, were among the things that were not clean or were very worn or stained. The front desk staff were friendly and the outside of the hotel was fairly well maintained, but the room was definitely below standard. A friend was also staying at this hotel and she and her husband had a room in similar condition to mine. I did contact the hotel chain about the room and was told that they were addressing my concerns. Not sure that I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We are glad that you found front desk staff friendly. We are sorry for the bad experience you had. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced and instructed to see to the necessary repairs and replacements.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel was clean and nice, breakfast was not that good and some staff were rude. The BIG problem that I had was that my credit card information was stolen(and used) by a hotel employee while here. I did get my money back, etc but this should never have happened so I advise if you go to this hotel USE CASH

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We are sorry for the bad experience you had.

Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Management was notified of the problem you experienced for Credit Card and the situation is being looked into.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Looking for a clean, friendly place to stay? Look no further! The staff is very friendly. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. They have a room with pool tables, a small bar with happy hour until 8:00pm and a kitchen that runs nightly specials. I especially recommend the tacos, wings and the meatball subs. Best of all, the rates are extremely low. Look for thier coupon in i hotel coupons.com booklet. You will love this place.

G. Wallace

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
bpatel09, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 15, 2012

Hotel Management
Menomonie, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Really, can't take your breakfast back to your room when you have a microwave and frig in the room? I was really upset with that especially when half of us were still sleeping. But had a room on the first floor which was nice.

Room Tip: Breakfast was unsatisfactory
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

• The fellow working at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Management were notified of the problem you experienced. The situation is being looked into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!