“Lucky Parking Space :o)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Florida
“Lucky Parking Space :o)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were actually planning on visiting Meg O'Mally or Casbah when we luckily happened upon a open parking space near Dove III. As we walked past my wife glanced at the menu posted outside and immediately called me over to review. Menu looked both interesting and brought back excellent memories of the Dove beach-side. Greeted immediately by hostess Christina and although pretty busy we were seated quickly at a nice .very table with crisp clean white tablecloth. Restaurant interior was clean and very inviting. Server welcomed us and offered drinks and gave us menus. I asked which bloody mary mix they used and was quickly offered a sample of their home made bloody mary mix which was outstanding !!

Wife had the Dove salad with shrimp accompanied with a very pleasing homemade balsamic dressing. Shrimp had a hint of a smoked flavor that set this a step above expectations. Excellent. I opted for a Caesar salad that was also obviously homemade with an outstanding dressing and warm crispy tasty croutons, followed by smoked salmon that had been shaved into thin slices baked then smoked. Wife and I both quickly determined the Dove III was right up there with our favorites we had just visited in New Orleans and New York but a lot closer to home :o)

Now I need to return to try a few more of their specials and another "Carlo Special" after dinner drink.

• Visited October 2013

Rockledge, Florida
“A splendid place to enjoy a wonderful meal with your significant other...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you enjoy REAL Italian food and Neopolitan cuisine in particular, this is your Melbourne hotspot. The chef and his family are from a long line of restaurateurs, having owned and run restaurants in Italy and Buffalo, NY, before coming to Florida.

On to the mean...

We each started with a fresh and flavorful Caesar salad - perfect.

Next my wife had clams oreganata while I had the beef carpaccio, which we shared. Tasty and wonderful.

Next I chose the veal piccata which was subtle and delicious whiley wife went with the shrimp scampi.

If that doesn't make you hungry, well, I guess you're not hungry for a delicious meal! Seriously, it was a great meal served by nice people. Go. Enjoy.

• Visited October 2013
Heathrow
“Family run great Italian eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Recently went with locals who have been before. Owner is very gracious and accommodating. Food is excellent. Couldn't believe the mussel dish.
Nice wine selection.
Great bread. Too full for dessert.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Florida
“Phenomenal dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our first visit to The Dove III, and will not be our last. We had a reservation and were seated right away. The service was excellent. We were served bread as well as these little pork rolls which were to die for. You don't get a complimentary salad with your meal, but you do get pasta fagioli which was excellent. In between courses, they serve lemoncello! This was such a nice touch. We ordered wine, appetizer, entrée, delicious cappuccino and dessert. Everything was very good, but the dining experience was exceptional. We were also served homemade sambucca which was an experience in itself! Oh, and you get a bag of homemade bread/rolls to take home with you!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Florida
“First impressions are very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I hesitate to give a restaurant an excellent rating on a first visit. The Dove III came very close. Our 6 PM reservation was early on purpose to try a extend our experience. Our table was ready immediately although the restaurant was already 75% full. Our server came over immediately and offered wine. The house wines are decent at $7 ea. I'd suggest you look at the online menu before arriving. There is a good selection of pasta, veal, seafood and beef entrees. They serve a small complimentary bean/pasta soup which was very good. All the breads are made in house. I started with the caesar salad which was excellent with very crisp and freshh greens. I followed with clams casino, which turns out to be the singluar thing I would not recommend. The clams were so small that they approached non existence. Don't waste your time and money. I had the veal parmigiana and it was very good with a lot of ground hot pepper in the sauce. My wife had the "imported" Italian ice cream wrapped in white chocolate. The ice cream was really a sorbet consistency, which is typical of soutHern Italy. A small pet peeve is no salt or pepper on the table.

The service was good, but we did feel a bit rushed, but then again in Melbourne, FL fast service is considered "good". We would have preferred another 30-45 minutes to have a dining experience. Overall I give this an 8 out of 10...very good.

Visited August 2013