“Authen tic Italian Cusine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Indialantic, Florida
“Authen tic Italian Cusine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had 3 couples in our diner party when we arrived Friday evening. We had phoned ahead for reservations so once we arrived we were immediately seated. Our waiter was both friendly and knowledgeable about the menu items and was able to answer all of our questions without having to "check". The portions were generous and as a result my wife and I shared an entrée. Even though we shared there was still enough for lunch the next day. The beef shank meal we shared was outstanding. They have a nice selection of wine that will not break the bank. We finished our meal with a double espresso. The pace was leisurely and we were made to feel like house guests. We make the trip to the Dove 2 or 3 times a month and are never disappointed.

88% Recommend
Melbourne, Florida
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We came here for our 33rd wedding anniversary tonight and had a wonderful dinning experience. Lobster and Avocado salad, Pasta Fagioli like my mother-in-law used to make (old country Italian) and a main course to die for. Wife had a Filet Mignon and I ordered the Shrimp and Calamari FraDiavolo Special. Everything was superb. Finished with a Ricotta Cheese Cake and the made in house Black Sambucca. What a memorable meal! Great service with attention to detail; classy ambiance with Italian favorites playing in the background. We'll be back for sure............

USA
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Went to the Dove III on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. Cute spot in Downtown Melbourne. Seated immediately. Waiter ran down the specials. At our table of 5 we had two of the salad specials which a version of their Dove salad with Avacado and shrimp, one Dove salad, Catch of the Day Piccata & soup. Bread was very good and fresh, some preferred the rolls, others the bread sticks. Each lunch came with either salad or soup. Our group had both. My pasta fagioli soup was fantastic. Great flavor. Maybe the other reviewer who was critical of this soup should go back to the Olive Garden next time. The salads were tasty and well presented. The Catch of the day was excellent not to be missed. I will definitely get the fish on our next visit. Finished things off with a round of Cappuccinos. Service was attentive. Will go back again, and again for this excellent Italian food. Have been to other restaurants on this street and this one ranks up there among the best.

Melbourne
“excellent local cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

very nice location in downtown melbourne food was excellent great service the tradition continues in a new local

Visited April 2013
Cocoa, Florida
“Mixed opinion!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

There was some every good and some not so good. Based on a ten point scale I would say a 7, The atmosphere is charming but I noticed when the table next to us was cleared and reset; the top linen was touched in spots with a liquid then turned over. There were just as many specials that the waitress told us about as there were items on the menu. Made it a little hard to choose. The food was very good with the exception of what they called Paste-fasul, that tasted like burnt bean soup and cheesecake that was gritty and flat tasting Another different item was a shot to clean my palet; vodka, sugar & lemon juice. NOT GOOD! The waitress was nice but seemed unconcerned about my dislikes. I happen to mention to the busboy that it was my birthday as he lite some candles on a window sill but he never said anything to the waitress. He did wish me a happy birthday as I left at the end of my meal. I also found it disrespectfull that the owner, only visited tables that he knew the guest: showing baby pictures and talking about family members medical issues. He should have been concerned about makng me feel welcome, as these other folks were already repeat customers. One more thing: when a dessert is asked to go, DO NOT put real whipped cream on it, It will sour before the person gets home. You would think that a restaurant of this quality would know that waxed paper should be placed in a styroform box before putting food in it. At this point I am not sure if I will try again or not! Maybe it was just an off night. I traveled 45 minutes to get there. In my opinion this is not the same dining experience as when the location was in Satellite Beach.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to The Dove III? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Dove III, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.