“Pleasant Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

A friend told me about this place and my husband and I finally checked it out--WOW! I am glad we did--might be our new favorite place! The food is delicious! Everything tastes so fresh and flavorful. We started with the guacamole and chips. It was a perfect amount and the guacamole was fresh and chunky. For dinner I had the Carne Asada and my husband had seafood enchiladas. Again, both dishes had mouth popping flavors. I also had the house salad, not sure what the dressing was, but it was unique and tasty! We both really liked how the amount of food was adequate, but everything was light and we didn't leave filling overstuffed and heavy. Don't judge this restaurant by the outside! We will be back for sure!

London
“A wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband went to the Nomad Cafe after seeing its menu at a B&B we were staying at and liking the multicultural choices listed. They also list if the food happens to be vegan or even gluten free. When we got there we found a lovely little restaurant (formerly a gas station) turned into a cross between a 50's diner and a high class restaurant. It seems like a strange combination, but it works. It is best if you get reservations though because the place fills up fast- even if you think you are early or quite late. Their food is absolutely delicious, and fairly reasonable. The portions are a good size too. Some peoplemay need to ask for a doggy bag. They have foods in their menu that are from many different countries. I had enchiladas and my husband had a dish from the far east and both were delicious. We had desserts- lemon pie and flan and both of those were delicious too as well as very cute. The pie was individual size and the flan was cut out like a foot (nomad?). The staff are very attentive without getting in the way and they are also very accomodating and knowledgeable if you need gluten free options. There are several menu items that are gluten free and they will also make other items gluten free if they are the meal you have your heart set on as long as it is possible. It was an all round excellent experience and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a positive meal experience in Melbourne Florida.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durham, North Carolina
“Unique menu, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This place is interesting -- the menu offers a variety of options from American, Mexican, to Asian. Parking isn't easy ... you may have to park on the street or around the corner. Pricing is a little high, but maybe for the little bit of "swanky" atmosphere it's appropriate. I had a BBQ pork sandwich with tea and it was $12.

Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Florida
“What A Pleasant Discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We've been noticing how this small restaurant gets hammered at noon so we decided to go in at 11:45AM on June 10, 2014l,.and see what all the excitement was about. Within ten minutes after we were seated at the last table available patrons began lining up outside.

It's about GOOD.

Pleasant greeting, efficient waitress and marvelous innovative food with good wines at inexpensive cost.

My wife ordered the spanakopita and I ordered a cup of pork and black bean soup and their curry vegetable stew. I could go on and on about the quality and freshness of the entrees, but you've got the idea already.

Fortunately they allow reservations, so on our next visit we're taking a group.

Don't pass this one up!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've been to Nomad several times over the past year and have never had a complaint- the food is always outstanding. The specials are amazing and the staff is good about accommodating any dietary needs that you may have (I avoid gluten and there are often gluten free specials in addition to the several menu items that are gluten free). The house salad dressing is delicious- add a salad to your meal. You can't really go wrong here, no matter what you order.

• Visited June 2014