“Best food in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Melbourne, Florida
“Best food in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I visit Nomads several times a week. Every time I'm there I'm greeted with a smile into the clean cozy restaurant. The talents of Chef Otillo are always refreshing! The food he puts out are incredible. Always the freshest of ingredients with splashes of color. Specials are always my first choice, but menu has several favorites. Something new that I have not seen in any restaurant in the area is the use of Florida Beef. This week they are running Prime CAB NY Strip. I can't wait to try!!!

Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Wonderful 1st experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Came here for the first time as a romantic date night with my boyfriend. I had heard so many good things about this place and was excited to try it! We got a bottle of wine off the clearance list that was wonderful. We ordered mussels app and I loved it, we were also given a free chips and salsa (I believe bc our food was taking quite a long time, which I didn't mind anyways for fresh food!). Salads were fresh and tasty. I loved the lamb kefta special I ordered, and my boyfriends pork dinner was great too. We got cappuccinos that were impressive. Overall, an amazing experience and we will be back for our next date night!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indialantic, Florida
“I was kept informed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I dine at the Nomad Café often. We received at least two e-mails from Megan telling us they were off for a week in search of local suppliers for the restaurant. Fair enough, they care what they serve us to do these things We would rather eat local meat and produce than not know who the suppliers are. Sure, we have a Deal Chicken too but read the paper and saw we have until Jan, 2014 to use it. Time to chill out and realize these owners had your interest at heart.
Glad they are back and we will be back to dine there and enjoy the great food and service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, FL
“Great, great, great----This place is NOT closed!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've been to the Nomad many times and even hosted a wonderful anniversary business event at this restaurant-- the food is superb, the interior intimate, and a great dog policy for outdoor dining options(compassionate enough to keep animals safe)-- as all business owners know- occasional moment to moment shifting is needed to accommodate on-site customers-- the customers actually IN your business take priority to phone calls, take-out, etc-- the people complaining about not having take-out would be the first to complain about poor service in the dining area--a no win for any restaurant--

People that appeared during the closed time should have checked the website--which clearly states that they are closed (top-right upper portion)--

If the Nomad Café is guilty of anything-- it's having a great product, excellent attention to detail, and perhaps being too successful - my entire office will be back for many more occasions and we salute the Nomad Café and are supportive of these "growing pains"--

Cheers!

Visited September 2013
San Francisco
“Apparently closed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

As another reviewer noted the place looks closed with no notice on Web Site or Voice Mail message. Recent visits suggest little regard for customer/ We have eaten at Nomad many times but recently it is impossible to make a reservation. Three times in recent weeks, I have called their number and left voice mail requesting reservation date and time as instructed by the message. No one even bothers to return the call. On one of these times a while back we just dropped by only to be told that they were booked and we should have made a reservation. Regardless of how much we like the food I will not (and suggest you not) support a business with so little regard for customers.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MelyG525, Owner at The Nomad Cafe, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
The only way to approach this is to bore you with the details as to why you may not have heard back from us and hope you don't perceive it as defensive, as I assure you it was most definitely not out of a lack of customer appreciation. I religiously check our voicemails every single morning when I get to my restaurant at 8am, and return all calls. We also do our best to answer the phone every time it rings, but as a small business, we do not have an individual that does only that, and all in turn do our best to get to the phone when it rings. The only reason we may have never followed through with you is because once the actual service commences I do not spend time in my office, but rather out in the restaurant assuring everyone is receiving great customer service. If you are consistently trying to make reservations the day of, your voicemail will not be received until the following morning, which is why I specifically encourage you on the voicemail recording to call back again in order to reach us. Additionally, in my response to the same review you referenced "Went there tonight and the place was closed", I explain the many ways we did inform our patrons that we would be closed this week, and exactly what good cause we were out doing.

I am very apologetic that you have had difficulty reaching the restaurant, as we always do the best we can to give each and every one of our dear and valued customers the service they deserve. Rather than call upon the power of the people to boycott a small business because we missed your calls, please understand we value you very much, which is why I even take the time to personally respond to all reviews here, good or bad. Our success is from the people and the people alone, something we recognize and cherish. We hope to see you again if you can forgive us our trespasses.

With gratitude,