“My favorite lunch place also does a great dinner. Don't forget you're reservations.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Nomad Cafe

Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Satellite Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

After driving around on Saturday my wife and I decided to eat out. We passed our usual spots like Matt's Tropical Grill and Firehouse steakhouse heading towards the Mansion. And there was, just to our right and open. I put the car in reverse and backed up turned to the parking lot. Post this was very pleasant but the restaurant was booked and we did not have a reservation. She did offer us see the outside and there was room at the counter. We opted for the counter and sat down and very comfortable stools. There was a special section in the menu list in the specials for the day. My wife and off of that list ordering the filet a goose confit and blue cheese topping. I chose off the regular dinner menu with the rollitini Cordon Bleu. Both dishes came out perfectly cooked, very well seasoned, and beautifully presented. Pulse salad was added for a dollar and this was excellent also. The house dressing was amazing. Even though the restaurant was full service was very fast and attentive. Wanting list is very nice and they have a very good selection of beers also. Kia was our server however all the servers work together. The only slightly negative thing I could say is the physical structure could use a little touch of here and there. As as a place gets busier wear patterns start to show. So just a little pain to touch of wood was placed back to perfect standards. It is very clean and overall everything was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
“Worst service I've had in quite some time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

When the service is terrible and the timing is off an apology goes a lot further than an excuse. There is no reason for terrible service.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
boca raton
“Great and Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was hesitant about getting a Cuban Sandwich this far north of Miami but it was great. The food is well priced at under $10 for most items and beautifully organized. I was expecting it to be more of a coffee shop but its more sophisticated.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Eclectic Menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had dinner at the Nomad Cafe on Saturday night. Not too crowded; only short wait. Very eclectic menu. Something for everyone. I had the seafood burrito with "drunken sauce" (made with Tequila!). It was very light with a pleasant taste. I really enjoyed it. The Spanish rice and pureed refried beans were underwhelming. Our waitress was very sweet, helpful and attentive. We ate outside and I think that was a poor decision on our part. It was very windy and the view from the patio is not pleasant. I looked at a parking lot and a busy US 1 intersection with lots of cars and noise the entire meal. I think I would eat inside next time. Not that thrilled, but might try it again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago
“Not as good as I thought”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

After reading so many good things about this place I took my family there. We made reservations but ended up being the only one there when we pulled up. Once we placed our order two other groups came. I asked for lemonade and they said they were out since they fresh squeeze it. With that comment I was expecting really good food. The menu had a lot of options and all of them sounded good. My wife ordered the classic tacos and she said they were nasty. The meat was rubbery and the taco as a whole was cold. The tortillas were soggy. My food was the seafood enchiladas. The sauce they used was bland and the tortillas were off in flavor. My grandparents seemed to really enjoy their food. They picked the gyro and some sandwich. Maybe we went on a bad day. Service was quick and friendly. All in all it was ok but I won't be going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere