“Nice place...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
West Melbourne, Florida
“Nice place...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I called and was told that reservations are recommended. Good thing I made one since the place was packed. It's a small place but the food is outstanding. My wife ordered the veal chop (special) and the meat was very tender and full of flavor. I had the pork shank with a spicy sauce. That was also very tasty.

This place is a hidden gem that you have to try if you are in the area.

Visited February 2013

orlando
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently decided to stop by the nomad cafe for lunch based off of user reviews. When I first arrived I saw slightly put off by the exterior facade, but upon entering I was pleasantly surprised. White table cloths and tastefully decorated interior set me a ease.

Although their menu is diverse, I had no problems choosing one of their specials. The Asian pulled pork sandwich was awesome! To my surprise, it came with some tasty pasta salad and soup.

When the waitress suggested a carrot bisque, I turned my nose up. She told me not to be scared and give it a try. I'm thankfully that I did.

I will definitely be back! Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Florida
“Our Favorite Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Megan and Otillio are wonderful! Service is awesome there because they treat you like friends/family and you sincerely want to be! The food is to die for.. from the soups to the Tortas to the Hummingbird Cake to the nightly specials! They will keep you coming back for more! Wonderfully diverse menu! I love that they have indoor seating and can accommodate larger groups so we can bring our friends. Also, we enjoy the special events they have (IE on holidays & Spain dinner)

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“very very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

we liked the atmosphere, table cloths, flowers, and the food was great! i had the drunken fish and loved it! my husband had a spicy pork dish that he also loved. we will be back!

Visited February 2013
Melbourne, FL
“Eclectic menu, cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The exterior is misleading - a small building/parking lot on a busy corner, but once inside you feel like you're in modern, hip restaurant. Interesting artwork, cozy feel. Menu has lots of options - tonights inculded mexican, middle eastern, russian, several others I don't remember - I had scallps over lemon grits and a red sauce that was to die for. Evidently the beef shank is very populer and even though I don't eat beef it looked appealing. The portion sizes were perfect - not a mound of food, an amount that the average person can eat. Homemade chips and salsa were served in lieu of bread. All staff were friendly and attentive. Prices were reasonable - far less expensive than comparable restaurants and equally as delicious.
The only downside is that it gets a little noisy because it's very small, but it did not detract from the dining experience. We are locals and will return.

• Visited February 2013