“Non-Smoking PLEASE” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Alabama
“Non-Smoking PLEASE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our room was small, smelled horribly of smoke, and had ashes on the floor. I had to wash all the clothes we took upon arriving home because they smelled so bad.

The staff were friendly, we didn't partake of breakfast, and if not for the smoke smell/ashes in our non-smoking room, would have been an acceptable 2 1/2 start hotel stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stopped en route from St Augustine to Miami. In spite of it being so close to the I95, it was very quiet. Very warm welcome, staff very friendly (a cleaner and a maintenance guy both asked if we were enjoying our stay). Rooms and breakfast buffet are fine for the price. Plenty of places to eat nearby. Ideal for a stop-over hotel while road tripping. Only drama was the tornado warning for Titusville, just 20 miles up the road; thankfully missed us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Pulled in around midnight, the front desk person informed me that they did not have any doubles available. She did however have a King Suite that she would give me for a reduced rate and it has a king bed and a pull out (hide away) queen. I thought Great, problem solved. A flip of a coin and guess who gets the pull out... This was the WORST nights sleep (or lack there of) I think that I have ever had. I lay there all night trying to think of the best description of how uncomfortable this contraption was. The best I could come up with is if I took my child's toy box and dumped all the toys in a bathtub and tried to sleep on that! WOW! Anyway enough about that. The hotel was quiet, mostly clean, and the shower worked well. I would recommend this location to stay at, just stay away from the pull out! I discussed the pull out with the desk clerk in the morning and he informed me that the pull out is primarily meant for children to sleep on. He did reduce my bill for the nights stay. I would not have my children sleep on this thing, not even for punishment. That would be child cruelty. The managers should try sleeping on these beds sometimes. The night desk clerk should have NEVER recommended this to me as an option.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights in Feb 2013 for work related travel. Check in was a breeze, every day I received Fedex packages & I was contacted promptly by the front desk. My room was always cleaned & on most days I declined needing anything. I was fully stocked. My room had a microwave & refrigerator, along with 2 beds & working desk area. I did not use the pool because it was cool during my stay. I did use the exercise room a couple times and took advantage of the daily breakfast. The staff who I met were always smiling, nice, and helpful. My only issue is the heat must not have been working because of the warm temps in the area. It turned cold while I was there & even though I adjusted thermostat to 80, the room temp dropped to 64 overnight & I was very cold. I did notify the front desk & listened to the instructions on what to do, but the temperature did not rise in the room. This was on night 9 luckily for me. Also I wish they had more than 1 washer/dryer unit. If it is in use you need to stand by to get it next or you end up wasting hours going back and forth. Everything else about the place is perfect. Great location next to Cracker Barrell, burger king, gas station, Starbucks & shopping. You can walk to CB, BK, Gas station & starbucks, which I did.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very Clean and Friendly Staff. First time staying at a La Quinta Inn, and was extremely satified with the value and accommodations. Usually preferred staying at a Holiday Inn Express, but if I had a choice of where to stay, I would look to stay at a La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Savannah, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have stayed here before. It is a great location if you are site seeing in the area. We came to visit Viera Wetlands which is just down the road.
Great Price, Clean Room, Pleasant Staff, Good Breakfast.
Price wise, some of the Washington Nationas team stays here during spring training, so I understand that prices go up the end of january. We stayed before that. If you are a baseball fan, the stadium is about a mile away.
The hotel is pet friendly, but we don't have pets, and I asked for a room where pets do not stay, and we would not have noticied if others had pets in their rooms. No noise.
For an economical hotel stay, this is everything you could ask for.

Room Tip: Not sure if it makes a difference, but we always ask for a room that has not had pets in it, and awa...