“Quaint Place with Fantastic Sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 368 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Japanese
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
“Quaint Place with Fantastic Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Ate at Kibo the other night with family from out of town and our party of 11. This is a small place and at 7:15 we were the only table they had the whole night (at least from 7 on). There is only one Chef to do Sushi and hot foods and so I think it can be troubling if all the 5-6 tables are full. The seating is nice and quaint and comfortable. The pace of service is great and we were never rushed. Drinks came right after you asked and I was never looking for the waitress to have to get another drink. The Chef is a really nice Japanese guy and we shared many stories and fish pictures of our Key West Trip. The Sushi here is the best in town IMO. Most of us had the 4+2 and all the seafood is fresh, and well cut and presented. The best things here are all the shrimp and crab specialty tempura rolls. These are some of the best sushi I have ever eaten! All of us ate everything and it was all just outstanding sushi and just the right amount. Some in our party ordered Hot foods and I would really not go to Kibo for this. Stick to the sushi. While the fillet and Salmon were good, no one liked the chicken much. That is because they use that kind of chicken that the Chinese places use. That stuff as you know is very "fatty" and not very good sorry to say. They really need to change and only use real true chicken breasts and not this "semi-chicken" stuff and the meals would be better. Veggies are so-so and rice fine. The only deserts are green tea and red bean ice cream. We all shared one of each and lets just say it was "unusual". Would not order this again and they really need to expand their desert line. But for top-of-the-line Sushi, and that is what I recommend to go to Kibo for (and not the hot meals) this place is by far the best sushi in town .....and maybe top 3-4 I have ever eaten in worldwide. Give it a try, if you like sushi, you definitely will not be disappointed!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Open on a Sunday and great sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We were craving sushi and it was a Sunday so we weren't too sure what would be open. After searching online we came across this place which was just off the I95 and glad we did.

Great fresh sashimi and some nice rolls too. Good value and plenty left over for the next day.

I'm glad we stopped by.

Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Great Japanese Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Was driving by and saw their sign and decided to give them a try. Turned out to be a great decision for lunch. Got a bento box with chicken teriyaki along with the sushi special (spicy tiny, JB roll and California roll). Really great meal, fresh and flavorful. Also came with miso soup and a salad. Highly recommend and I cannot wait to go there at night and try some of their other specials.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good Stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I popped in here as I was passing through town. I had excellent sushi but it was just your typical lunch special, I wish I could have tried more. The menu impressed me though and I think I missed out on the best offerings as it looked like they served high-end true Japanese offerings not found in your typical sushi restaurant. High quality fish and rice used, and even the wasabi is not your typical cheap paste used by most. One of the better sushi restaurants I have been to in awhile.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best sushi in FL! Fabulous!! Clean and serene place with true classically trained Japanese sushi chef OWNER who does the best J-”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The grilled sea bass was just like the one I ate in Tokyo as a little girl. If you want real sushi, get Sushi Boat. Sushi boat for three is only 49, and not $79 as said in the previous review. We ordered one for two, we were filled!!! The fried oysters were fresh and soo good! We will definitely come back!
A woman from Tokyo