“Greatest dinner ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Greatest dinner ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

Wow, oh wow were our meals amazing. My husband and his besy friend had the Rib eye with the most amazing au gratin potatoes!!!the side of asparagus rocked too! I had the special of cast iron cooked sirloin with sweet potato mash, carrots and squash with a garnish of mango salsa and fritte vidalia onion strings. Not to mention the chocolate lava cake for dessert. Marshall, our server, was attentive and polite and really made the evening enjoyable!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Ugh”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Well, the actual quality of meat was tip-top for our group of eight who mostly dined on filets and porterhouses, but the service, setting and overall experience was quite a disappointment. First, we clearly ordered from the small Wine List a bottle of Merlot with four glasses but received two glasses of house Zinfandel and the hilarious question "are you sure?" from our waiter which set the tone that this would be an interesting night. We watched two other tables (of four and two) be seated and immediately received bread and butter by another wait staff before someone in our group spoke up and asked about ours. ONE small basket (for eight people) contained a small loaf cut into SIX slices and everyone just laughed it off as two people in the group are currently on 'bread free diets". Those two other tables completed their meals and were on coffee by the time we received our entrees. The appetizers were mediocre, tasteless and the portions were as small as the side dishes that have to be ordered separately. *DO NOT order the Ahi or the strange presentation of Ceviche if you are a connoisseur of either. The onion soup was very nice though. We asked for some air circulation after an hour as the stuffiness took over in the back corner - down the hall from the bar and bathrooms. The eight dollar key lime pie wasn't even close to the quality of our local market that produces more of a taste in masses. We are all professionals, quiet and comfortable dining in many settings locally and abroad having patience without drama. **The automatically added 20% gratuity for our pricey meals kept us laughing for days as we sort of figured out the waiter was either on something green or just didn't enjoy serving our kind. Because it was a quiet birthday celebration, our hosts were equally joyful of the gathering and embarrassed at the same time. Our clear and direct suggestion if you are considering this establishment, AVOID any formal query and just sit at the bar for a steak. Yum.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Farnham, Surrey, UK
“Expensive and inconsistent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We went here on our first night in Melborne. My meal (Filet mignons) was excellent although my husband throughout his scampi expensive for what it was. Our second night was Thanksgiving so very little was open and we finally ended ip in tis restaurant again as it was either this or O'Malleys Irish pub (which was noisy, food did not look home cooked and wine a ridiculous price). What a mistake! The food was dreadful and the waitress was not polite when we responded to her asking us if everything was OK, and started arguing with us. The potatoes were reheated, the chicken was cold and dry and the mussels cold. Still we ended up paying over $30 even though some had been taken off the bill. Such a shame that the managers were all off - and don't appreciate that whenever you open the food and service should always maintain the standard. Would not recommend or return there.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tamarac, FL
“Steak cooked just right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our nephew who lives in Melbourne recommend this resturant and we were so glad he did. It was little on the pricey side but well worth it. The waiter was more then helpful in telling us about the beer & wine offered and answering menu questions. I like my steaks cooked (or should I say not cooked) extremely rare. This was the 1st resturant in many years that I've ordered a steak in that was able to do it just the way I like it. My husband and nephew also enjoyed their's.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't waste your money!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

My hubby and I decided to finally try this restaurant downtown. I wish we hadn't. We were led through a couple small rooms before getting to what must be considered their main dining room. It wasn't very busy and we quickly found out why.

Our waiter took forever to come to the table and even longer to bring our drinks back. The prices were ridiculously high - I would expect them at Ruth's Chris, not downtown Melbourne. The waiter seemed irritated we were there and made no attempt to tell us the specials or recommend dishes. He didn't even bother to tell us that salads came with our dinners until he plopped them down in front of us slathered in dressing. My hubby doesn't eat salad and I hate a ton of dressing. When I started scraping it off the salad our waiter ran over totally pissed. When I tried to tell him about the dressing he promptly cut me off stating that was the only dressing they had. That's fine...I just don't like it slatered on. The waiter finally picked up my salad to bring me a new one without dressing muttering that was how the chef sent it out. Well if you'd bothered to tell me I was getting a salad we could have avoided all this in the first place.
I had the brick fired chicken and my hubby had the filet medallions. His came out with a huge mound of mashed potatoes and some onion straws. Again, we had no clue it was coming out with those sides. Luckily the hubs likes both. Mine came with two chicken cutlets that were severly overcooked, a humongous pile of mashed potatoes, and fresh veggies. While the filet medallions were tasty and cooked correctly, my dinner was a complete, overpriced disappointment.
We will never go back and have warned all of our friends to stay away!! I havent had a dining experience this bad in years.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere