“Best meal - hands down!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 361 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: It comes up on a google search. Urbanspoon has a listing for it.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Best meal - hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Craved Cuban food. Wanted a new place. Great citrus mojito. Appetizers were big enough to share. Entrees were so good we didn't want to share. Dessert was so good we had to order one more to share. Happy family night out! We will be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Full of flavor and perfectly priced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had to come here twice, not just review the dinner but the lunch as well. Both meals did not disappoint! A very casual atmosphere with magical aromas dancing in the air. Everything is homemade from scratch. I would highly recommend this restaurant its not pretentious, and full of flavor happy and helpful staff.

“DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This place sucks. I hate to even review something in such a negative way, but wow. First off they served plantains that where clearly frozen from a box because the came out cold in the middle. So the waitress fixed that.... no big deal. Then the food comes out. My sandwich had what looked like two cheese sticks on it and one slice of ham! I was so embarrassed, i could not believe that they even had this thing leave the table. I asked the waitress if that was really how the food was supposed to come. As i was speaking to her some amazingly rude he had a terrible attitude. I told them that i didn't feel comfortable paying what they where asking. Needless to say i sent the food back, did not eat and left embarrassed. I am one to promote family owned and local but this place needs its doors closed. They do not know how to run a restaurant do not waste your HARD EARNED money here.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Don't miss this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I hate to write this review as, selfishly, we would like to keep this great place quiet!! It's rather small, with not much seating so can get crowded. But the food is super!! Start with a great, freshly made, Mojito or Margarita. Seven or eight family members have tried various things on the menu and have not been disappointed. The specials are good. The owner is so friendly and nice and very anxious to please his customers. When it is crowded they really hustle, but don't make you feel rushed. Outside patio dining is very nice during good weather. We always love to go here for great food and relaxing atmosphere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Spirit of Cuba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I've been to quite a few Cuban restaurants in my time, and I've got to say this place does not disappoint. The food & drinks came out quickly, and there wasn't a crumb left on any of the 12 people in my party's plates by the end of our meal.

The food is so well made that even though we were busting out of our clothing trying to savor every bite, we kept eating as to not waste a single scrap of food.

The staff is wonderful and the place stayed open an hour later to accommodate us past closing. The owner was very friendly and the prices on the menu are more than reasonable.

The only suggestion I have would be to expand the restaurant so more people can go there. However, we found the atmosphere to be cozy due to the fact it wasn't overcrowded.

I'm definitely going back as often as I can.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere