“Worth the trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 358 restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: It comes up on a google search. Urbanspoon has a listing for it.
Palm Bay, Florida
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times and it is always good. Service is excellent and the food is fresh daily. We will not go anywhere else for Cuban food. I recommend tamale, and ropa vieja and ham crochets with cold presidente beer.

88% Recommend
Melbourne, Florida
“AWESOME FOOD, DRINKS, DESSERT AND COFFEE ! NICE OWNER ! GREAT SERVICE !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I can't say enough great things about this small Cuban restaurant. I had the Rasas pork and it melted in my mouth. Beans and rice were fresh and tasty. Testones were flavorful and crunchy. My wife had the beef and it was good. Server Billy made me a great mojito not too strong with fresh limes and mint, my wife had a fruity berry sangria. Billy gave us great service and made great suggestions, he was very attentive even though he was very busy. I even tried a pineapple soda which was great too. Dessert was tre leches cake which was excellent and the only restaurant that I know of in this area that serves it. Our perfect meal was finished with Cuban leche coffee which was SO GOOD we had 2 cups each! The interior is cozy and warm, the outside patio is cool. Owner Alfredo is friendly and warm, he spoke to us for a while and made us feel very welcome. Overall, one of the best meal experiences I have ever had.

Melbourne, Florida
“Some of the best cuban food I've had in Florida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friends and I were kayaking one Sat, and the skies looked ominous. We decided it was a good time to get off the river and have lunch. We saw El Ambia from the river and it looked charming...and it was! Sitting outside, we were able to watch our boats as we enjoyed some of the best Cuban food- we sampled both sides of plantains; had the cuban sandwiches and split the flan for desert. We stayed for quite a while, waiting for the rain to subside before returning to the river and the wait staff were very patient and friendly. We fondly think of that day as "our trip to Cuba"!....we will be back!

• Visited November 2012
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Best Cuban food in Brevard County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

A wonderful little restruant near downtown Melbourne. The wait staff is excellent and the food is great. Go on the weekends to listen to the Salsa music

“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you are looking for a local, out-of-the-way place for great Cuban food, guava pastries and coffee, this is the place to go. The restaurant is small but personable and the view of Crane Creek adds to the charm.