“Relaxing place for a vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Marietta, GA
“Relaxing place for a vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

From the moment the shuttle picked my up at the airport until they took me back 7 days later I had a great experience. The shuttle drivers Scott and John were so informative and helpful. The staff in the restaurant and bar were always upbeat. Front desk personnel were helpful and accommodating. Housekeeping staff let me be on vacation and didn't bother me every morning to clean my room. Just a great experience all around and somewhere I will return to.

Room Tip: I stayed on the north side of the north tower. Good view of the beach from the 6th floor and a nice...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Melbourne for three nights while in town for a wedding. The wedding was not at the hotel, but did have rooms available at a special rate so the majority of guests stayed here.
The hotel is comprised of two buildings. One (south building) has interior corridors and the other (north building) has exterior corridors. The pool is located between the two multi story buildings. Not sure how much sun the pool could possibly get sandwiched between a five and seven story building. There is a fitness room and a spa at the hotel. There is a restaurant with indoor and outdoor ocean front dining and there is also a bar with one TV.
I stayed on the 4th floor of the south building. There is an elevator. However, this elevator has seen better days. Shakes, rattles, and just did not feel safe at all. After one trip up I used the stairs for the entire rest of my stay. Even though there are corridor lights, it was still very very dark walking to the room.
The room was OK. It seems older and outdated but not enough to ruin the stay. It had two double beds. The bed was very comfy. There was a microwave, coffee maker, and small fridge. The flat screen TV offered on demand movies.
The bathroom consisted of a sink area and a separate room with a toilet and shower/tub. The sink faucet was rusting. The separate room needed the most help. Crooked toilet seat, dirty white subway tiles, a rusting shower fixture, and the water would not turn off as the shower fixture handle would spin all the way around. I don't understand how the housecleaning staff ignores this? I did mention this to front desk staff upon checkout.
Overall, this hotel does offer the traveler and vacationer some amenities. However, by falling short in areas such as cleanliness, I believe this hotel will continue to be ranked as it is.

Room Tip: Ask for newer building (north tower) facing north for better ocean view with a private balcony. Or...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 days ago
CTSoxFan,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We regret the room accommodations fell below your expectations this trip. We, the staff, care a great deal about our guests and our hotel, so 3 stars is a big disappointment for us. We have a unique property, north tower being the larger north tower is interior and our south tower exterior. While some guests are put off n by the exterior entrance other guests won’t stay anywhere else. Since we are unique it allows us to accommodate guests that travel to our area for many different reasons.

Thank you for mentioning the issues you encountered during your stay to the front desk. I am confident they took the necessary actions to have to problem addressed.

We hope that if your travels bring you to our area again you will give our hotel another chance.
Monroe, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Crowne while visiting my father-in-law in Melbourne. Very Clean, staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was a nice surprise as we went every morning of our stay and watched the ocean waves. Room was in the south tower (older one) and we couldn't find anything wrong with it, they even provide an in room de-humidifier which we used the entire time. Great mini-fridge and microwave combo, in room coffee maker, had all the appliances you might need for a stay. They even had a grab bar in the tub/shower. If you want a great price on an oceanfront hotel in Melbourne Beach, this is the one.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Malabar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Crowne Plaza put on the Most Amazing Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet. Delish food, and great atmosphere. This was our first year not cooking and Crowne Plaza will be our New Thanksgiving Home! Not only was the food amazing after dinner we went out on the beach and took family photos!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Greetings,
We are happy to hear that your Thanksgiving with us here at the Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront was so enjoyable. Thank you so much for the nice comments and we look forward to your company next Thanksgiving.
Plano, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A recent weekend stay, and found the common areas to be very nice, the deck and beachfront location very nice. The sad point was the room, located in the old (south) building. It had a partial ocean view, but with the outside opening door, and active guests at all hours, not the most restful for sleeping. The room was small, plumbing was old, and not kept up well at all. Noisy air conditioning, no closet (a curtain cover?) and just a general disappointment. Aside from the nice staff and the comfortable common areas, would give this hotel 2 stars based on the room only.

Room Tip: Ask for the new building, not the old one.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very disappointed the room fell below your expectations this trip. We take all guest comments and opinions very seriously as it will help us improve the quality and services we offer our guests. I hope that you will stay with us again and perhaps booking a coastal view or oceanfront view will give you the private balcony to better suit your needs. Thank you again for the review.
Newberry, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Stayed a weekend for a wedding and loved the hotel! Right on the beach, very clean, and great location! Rooms had a lot of space and were very comfortable. If I'm back in the area, I plan on staying here again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Greetings,
We are so glad to know that your stay with us was a successful one. Thank you for the wonderful comments and we already look forward to your next stay with us.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

I was in town for business. Outside of my room it was pitch dark. I informed the male at the counter and his excuse was the time change. I explained that all other lights were on. The exit light was even out. I asked to change rooms because I was going to be there for 4 nights nope nothing was considered but I could pay more money and I can move you to another room. Being a single women in for business you'd think he would be happy to accommodate but of course that didn't happen. The breakfast in the morning was HORRIBLE. It was very sad to be a Crowne Plaza Hotel and to serve food that tasted that bad. The sausage, grits, beacon, oatmeal, and I mean everything was horrible. I would eat anything from the hotel from that point forward. I can say the coffee in the hallway was perfect. The pillows are awesome and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom a little outdated and the shampoo and conditioner smelled like menthol??????

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to start with an apology. We should have moved your room right away, I will address the issue immediately. I have also forwarded your comments to our Food & Beverage manager as well. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you how great our hotel can be.

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront? Share your experiences!