“The hunt for hot water” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Melbourne
“The hunt for hot water”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is poorly maintained. After taking a cold shower my first morning there and requesting they look at it 3 times I discovered the trick was running the water for 10 min first and then tweaking faucet handle. "Business Center" is only a table behind a half wall. The boarding pass icons did not work and web pages to 15-30 seconds to load. Lobby furnishings are sparse an uncomfortable. Unfortunate the basics are so lousy since they have a great location on the beach which they take advantage of with a nice deck they use for restaurant seating. Didn't have the "guts" to try the food in the restaurant given the other experiences.

Stayed July 2014

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Room was perfect. Service was impeccable. The beach server Kelly took care of our every need. She was exceptionally amazing. We wanted for nothing while we were on the beach thanks to her. Kelly Diamond was AMAZING!!

• Stayed July 2014
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Greetings,
We are happy to hear that your visit with us was so enjoyable. We are glad to know that you were able to experience the amenities our hotel has to offer such as our beach services. Thank you for your nice comments about the beach server Kelly and we hope to have you visit again soon.
Rockledge, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Rooms, oceanfront suite nice, clean. Sleeps 4, but bathroom small and cannot handle 2 persons bathroom supplies, no way can handle 3rd or 4th person necessities.
Food, lookout, totally inconsistent, ordered same items over course of stay and never same way twice.Service staff when busy inept, forget orders, make sure you check bill.
Beach service. Nice staff but we asked for tent at 9am
We told no due to windy weather. Forecast was for hot weather, no rain or wind. Two hours later tent put up right next to us for general manager family. We asked for tent again told no again.

Suggest you want iffy restaurant food, bar, nice beach, use the facilities but don't pay for room, stay someplace cheaper. Comment

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. My apologies for the disappointment you had with the beach service and restaurant. It is not a typical experience and certainly will be looked into. We take call guests comments serious as they will help us improve the quality and services we offer. We hope to see you again.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Researved an ocean view room, nice view and clear water. This is a beautiful hotel wityh reasonable price, its location is great .the bar on the beach is open till late and its close to cool restaurants..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Greetings,
We are so happy to hear your stay with us was so enjoyable. We definitely recommend several “Hidden Gem” restaurants around our area, but we are glad that you were able to experience most of the amenities our hotel has to offer, such as our Surfside Lounge on the beach. Hopefully you will visit again soon!
Kaylyn
Hamilton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived late on a Wednesday night and received a double oceanfront room with balcony per our reservation. The room was located in the south tower building, and it was terribly disappointing. The furniture was the laminate wood grain stuff I had in college and in terrible shape. Carpet was stained, room not up to standard. There was standing water by the elevator. Called for another room and they said they had nothing available. They said that all the rooms with double beds and oceanfront balcony were located in the dumpy tower. Not worth $180 a night. Was like a motel 6 and not up to IHG standards. Hotel staff was top notch, very understanding when we decided to go to another hotel. Staff is great, but hotel is in terrible shape.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We regret our accommodations fell below your expectations this time. We take all comments and suggestions into consideration as they will help us improve the quality and services we offer. We hope that you will give our hotel another opportunity to earn your business.
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. I had a bunch of questions for her upon my arrival and the staff was knowledgeable & courteous. The extremely convenient access to the beach was nice. In conjunction with how beautiful the beach is, is what offered me solace during my stay. Further, my standard king room was disappointing. It did not give me the four stars feel especially for the price. The room needed to be updated. It was mediocre. The bathroom was really small and did not have a vent. Also, the bathtub handle was broken, which allowed the water to drip. A bonus to my room was the balcony that overlooked the pool.

Room Tip: If it's in your budget, request a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding the front desk. I am truly sorry to see the accommodations fell below your expectation’s this trip. We value your comments as they will help us improve the quality and services we offer. I hope you will visit us again.
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I having been travelling to Melbourne for a few months now and previously stayed at the Crowne Plaza. My company decided to try a few of the comps recently. One of them when I checked in decided to put me at a ground floor room with outside access. Not a great idea for a single woman traveler. I asked to be put on a higher floor. Well, the room had dirty hair clips by the sliding glass door, cherrios under the bureau and old food under the nightstand. I decided to see if it would be cleaned up during my stay. When I went back into my room after my work day, although the curtains were open by the sliding glass door- the trash was still on the floor. This past week, I went back to the Crowne Plaza. What a great staff! As I was checking in, I mentioned that I would like a diet coke from the sundry section to be added to my room. The doorman actually went and got it for me- great first impression. During my three days there, it was very welcoming to have the staff say,"Welcome back". I most certainly will go back. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Greetings,
We are happy to know your visits with us here at the Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront are satisfactory. We strive to make our guests feel welcome, especially ones that we have become accustom to seeing. We look forward to your next visit with us. Thank you so much for your nice comments.
Rachel

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront? Share your experiences!