“Beautiful garden and dog friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 361 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub, Fish & Chips
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Half restaurant. Half beer bar. Half biergarten. The third half is new.
Central Florida
“Beautiful garden and dog friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were amazed and delighted by the gorgeous flower garden, "Biergarten" attached to this pub in the corner of a mini-mall anchored by Walmart. We brought our two Chihuahuas. The food and service were excellent. The table and patio floor were clean, clean, clean. Across A1A is the Canova Park dog beach area. We loved the salad with grilled fish, hamburgers, liverwurst sandwich, and we were blown away by the selection of imported beers. There are very few dog-friendly restaurants in our area (Brevard County). We'll be back very soon.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leesburg, FL
“Fantastic German Octoberfest beer selection...and great food too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just had lunch (October 2, 2012) with my wife at Coaster's Pub in Melbourne, Florida and was astounded at the vast selection of German Octoberfest beer available. I counted 33 (yes, I said 33) draft beers on tap at the bar! We chose the Hofbrau Octoberfest draft and it was delicious. As for the food, I chose the Coaster Burger with cheddar cheese, bacon, LMT & Onion ($8.75). It was prepared just the way I like it (medium, with crispy french fries) and promptly served by a smiling young waitress. My wife had the the French Dip Sandwich ($9.00) and shared my huge stack of fries. She could only finish half the sandwich and had to take the other half home. Our total bill came to $41.56 including tax, tip and three draft beers. The pub atmosphere was very cozy and there were 11 huge screen HD televisions mounted on the walls. We also noticed a new outdoor beer garden area adjoining the restaurant. We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Not a beer drinker but loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great casual food, large portions, friendly atmosphere. My husband loved the choice of 30 or so draft beers. Hidden away in a strip mall, so you need to be looking for it. Great location if you are staying in any of the numerous hotels along the beach. Always busy but we never had to wait too long. The salads were huge, great wings and burgers. "Special burgers" offered as well (like elk). Bit on the loud side (tv's, lots of people) but still enjoyable. We ate there a couple of nights and were very happy with everything. Inexpensive. Great deal.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indialantic, Florida
“One of our Favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Coasters is on our list of regular haunts. The food is consistanly good with huge portions and a great selection of beer. They have beers from all over the world! My fav is the Banana Beer!!!

Visited March 2012
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Good food & good beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

As a beer drinker from the UK I was pleasantly surprised to see a selection of beers from my home country. I have had some rough beer's both home and abroad and was pleased when my chosen ale tasted just like it does back home. The food was also good and the staff very friendly. If I lived here this pub would be a good contender for being my 'local'. Please remember folks, real ale aint supposed to be fizzy.

Visited August 2012