“Lots to see and do at the State Park” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Fishing
Washington, DC
161 attraction reviews
“Lots to see and do at the State Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were staying in Melbourne Beach and was looking for something different with more wildlife and nature. So we went to the Inlet state park and I am glad we did. On the north side there is an inlet beach which is nice and the water was warm. Plus on the ocean side, there is a fishing pier that you can watch the fishing and beach with some waves for the surfers. There is also a snack bar and bar on this side. On the south side, there is also a gift shop and fishing museum. On this side, we walked to the bayside and saw various starfish and dolphins which was pretty cool. Upon visit make sure you see both the north and south sides of the park.

Toronto, Canada
41 attraction reviews
“The River Queen captain was a real King!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The River Queen cruise was a great way to spend the day with my whole family! Everyone had a great time and the crew was top-notch. You felt that you could really become close friends with these people, right away. I can't say enough good stuff about them. They talked to nice and informatively to everyone in my family from my father, to my wife and my children.
Now I am wishing that I spent more time in this area but we went all over Florida so I will just have to go back to kayak and camp (for free!) on some of the islands that the captain pointed out.

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
“Don't miss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Well, where do I start? From the fishing opportunities, to the beach(one day loaded with shells)
the staff, the views and the ocean! We stopped on the bridge heading over from Melbourne Beach and got some awesome picture. It was cold the first few days last week, but when it warmed up we headed down there and what fun!
If you fish, like great beaches, and want to have a great day or two( as we did) go to the State Park and park on the Northside(if your going for one day)........Enjoy!

Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Expensive entry fee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

It was expensive to get in, otherwise it was nice. It's a big park. I will probably only go back when I have visitors who want to go.

Visited January 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
24 attraction reviews
“Great place for littles ones to enjoy the water!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The inlet was a GREAT place for our little ones to play in the sand and enjoy placid water. A must for the Melbourne Beach area. There is a parking fee - maybe $7 - worth it.

Visited February 2013