While visiting family, I took the opportunity to stay at this hotel. It is reasonably priced, sits in a great location and has all the standard amenities that one should expect from a Marriott.
Pull up to the front right after jumping off the freeway, it has a very welcoming feel. Either it is fairly new or the maintenance and upkeep are very good. As I drove past the Econolodge, I was glad I had selected the Marriott.
Very friendly service at check-in, explaining all the features and times and then a short trip up to the 4th floor. Everything was clean, functioning, pleasant looking. I really can't come up with a short-fall. The room had plenty of space, a very comfortable and large bed, plenty of good quality pillows and the not to be missed flat-screen TV. Free wireless internet was part of the package and that is always a great feature!
There was nothing to be missed in the room, save maybe a mini-bar, but then I'm not one to normally raid these either. Everything in the room and bath was clean and comfortable. It was bright, cheery and had a very nice feel. The bath, though not large, was equally clean and pleasant.
Since this was at about the middle of my trip, it was time to do laundry. A coin washer and dryer are available for guests and the soap and softener are supplied for free. That's a pretty fair deal!
Since there is an I-HOP and a Denny's right next door, I did not partake in breakfast at the hotel, though they have very generous hours. But traveling from overseas, I simply had to partake of these two venues. A Sam's club is right next door, as well as a movie theater and Melbourne Beach is but a 15 minute drive. As stated, very convenient.
The fitness area isn't expansive, but served my purposes. An elliptical trainer and some free weights is enough for me. But it was also clean and well maintained, if a little warm for an exercise area. I left my headphones behind, but the service got them back to me.
The staff are very friendly, as noted in other reviews. Always a nice welcome or good bye when crossing the lobby, or passing room service.
There is nothing to complain about with this stay, and I can recommend it in good conscience.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Hotel
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Melbourne
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Fairfield Inn Melbourne
- Fairfield West Melbourne
- Fairfield Inn West Melbourne
- Melbourne Fairfield
- Melbourne Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This brand new 100% non-smoking Marriott hotel features a well-equipped Business Center, Fitness Center, free high-speed Internet throughout, free continental breakfast and sparkling heated outdoor pool. Walk to Cinema World Theater with discount movie tickets. Rooms are beautiful with fresh new linens, 32" flat-screen TVs, speakerphones, and a bright and bold color design. Near Historic Downtown Melbourne boutique restaurants and shopping, and Melbourne high-tech business district on NASA Blvd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.