“My favorite inn in Florida” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4331 Pine Island Road, Matlacha, FL 33993   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Matlacha
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“My favorite inn in Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My family and I have been meeting here at the Bridge Water Inn twice a year for 15 years. The fishing is great. The Inn is so well run by Bob and Sandy who have done a great job remolding the rooms and keeping the Inn spotless. I can't wait to go back in March to catch those hard to catch snook.

Room Tip: rooms 3, and 2
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

OK, take a Marriott, Hilton, Westin,Intercontinental and the Ritz and forget about them. Now picture something better, unique and out of your comfort zone and you get the Bridgewater Inn.
Beautifully located on the water (and I really mean on it!),this hotel has so much! Yes, you might not get the shampoo/conditioning bottles and the mints under your pillow, but I was glad to trade those for the beautiful views, the sunsets with dolphins and the sunrises with the manatees. The hotel is very reasonably priced for where it is and the fact that there are only 7 rooms. Please see and stay at this hotel before you leave this earth. It is worth it!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is one of the hidden gems in Florida and a stay at this property is well worth it if you like to fish. The staff is more than helpful and the rooms are spacious and clean. Thank you for a beautiful and relaxing stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is not very nice. the bed linens are piily and slide off the corners and there isn't even a little bottle of shampoo, which is not a big deal unless you don't travel with shampoo because every other hotel in the world has provided that amenity for the past 25 years. That being aid, if you must have a hotel where you an roll out of bed and have your line in the water in less than a minute, this is the place for you! The place is about three times as expensive as it should be, and if was priced right, no one would stay there because they would realize it's a dump.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hudson, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is definitely an "old Florida" type motel with a lot of history behind it. It reminded me of the old rental cottages we had when I was a kid (in the '50s) back in southwestern Michigan. There certainly was nothing fancy about the place, but it was very clean and had what we needed. The window wall facing east was really right on the water. Manatees were out there each morning cavorting around. I didn't know they could be so active. Usually, from my experience, they don't show any charisma.

We stayed in room three, mid October, just before the Florida tourist season begins.There is no beach, swimming pool or fitness center here. Fishermen flock here by the dozens, I believe. You can fish right off the deck and dock your boat, too. Some shops hadn't opened yet but we had no real problem. We chose this place because it is only about three miles from the Cape Coral Oktoberfest, which we love, that takes place the last two weekends of October each year. I think this was their 28th festival. We are really considering coming back here next October.

Room Tip: Suite three, in my opinion, is the best choice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We came for a 3 day mini-vacation and I'm so happy I found this unique place! The staff, Bob, Diane and Martha are wonderful and very accommodating. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. We stayed in room 3, and the views were nothing short of spectacular! All day we could watch the dolphins playing in the water just feet away from the 3 sliding glass doors leading to our private deck. Truly amazing! Although I arrived Sick with a horrible cold, I managed to have a wonderful time just relaxing and fishing on our own private deck with my tissues close by. Even with me feeling "under the weather" I felt so at home and relaxed. There is really no need to leave, the kitchens are fully equipped and there are BBQ grills on the property which my husband took full advantage of! If you need something, make sure you ask the staff first before you run out to get it. They have everything you need!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We loved our week here. The staff are so friendly and helpful while the location is wonderful, right next to the water. We stayed in room 3 with our own private deck and spent many hours just sat quietly watching the dolphins, ospreys and seabirds out in the bay. What a great place to relax and chill out! Although we don't fish, we could see how wonderful it would be - plenty of fish in the water all the time. The room was huge, very clean and fresh, recently decorated in pastel colours and the kitchen and bathroom had everything we needed. There's not a lot of storage for clothes for 6 people, but the room is big enough to really spread out. Although the Inn is on a main road, we couldn't hear any traffic noise and enjoyed the bell clanging when the bridge opened (all construction is finished). A big thank you to Jeff who suggested we could use their sister property (Tradewinds) on Sanibel Island where we spent a wonderful afternoon on the private beach. It's a short walk to a couple of bars for dinner, plus there are a few shops, art galleries and a lovely ice-cream shop within walking distance. A supermarket for food shopping is just a couple of miles up the road. It's a little bit quirky, looks a bit rustic but actually we didn't find it rustic at all, we thought it was just perfect and would love to come back again. The view from our window and deck was tremendous - we can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Ask for room 3 - it has picture windows along one wall and the view is amazing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bridgewater Inn? Share your experiences!