“yum” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

this shanty is a great resturant- i prefer to order to go in the summer when the resturants temp is ave. 80 which is too hot for me to feel comfortable but in the winter time its perfect comfortable dinning. my order is always correct, fresh, and still hot when i get home. i love daddys bbq, it's the best bbq and thai food in this area. the prices are reasonable and the portion is plentyful.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pensacola, Florida
“The Best Thai Food I've ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I was a little apprehensive when I saw the building, but went in anyway. I'm glad we did.
We had fresh spring rolls, honey chicken & shrimp w/ brown rice. Thai tea that was great, good regular tea, too. Fresh thai soup. My friend & i both ordered mild and it was perfect. Everything was great, the young lady that helped was courteous and friendly.
We will go back and recommend this little place.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Walton Beach
“latest owners destroyed a once popular bbq spot”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I've been a local for 25yrs and ate bbq here regularly once a week. It's now under new ownership and serving thai cuisine in addition to it's normal menue. I had the bbq chicken, potatoe salad and beans. Once their signature dish has turned into a piece of dried chicken with mushy potatoes and beans. The rest of our party had oriental dishes and faired just as bad. The place was dirty and the waiter was unfamiliar with th menue.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Berea, Kentucky
“Ignore the decor, savor the flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

Daddy's may not be much to look at, inside or out, but the Thai menu (written on the board) is delicious, and they WILL prepare your food Thai-hot if you ask. The portions are generous, too. We haven't tried their ribs, but the barbecue sandwich, featuring a finely-shredded pork in a piquant sauce, is quite tasty AND different from what traditional barbecue joints offer. If I lived in Mary Esther, I'd want lunch here once a week, minimum!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Between VPS & PNS
“Great BBQ & Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

Great hole-in-the-wall place for BBQ or Thai food. I eat here regulary and the food is always pretty good. Ocassionally they'll forget an item that was supposed to go with the meal. The ribs and pad thai are my favourite.