“Great tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Attractions in Marianna
Type: Caverns/ Caves, Geologic Formations, Outdoors
Activities: Viewing wildlife, Walking
More attraction details
Owner description: A cave complete with rock formations and bats.
8 attraction reviews
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It was busy when we went on a Thursday afternoon, but we were able to get our tickets & while we waited for our tour time, we ate lunch & went on one of the hikes around the park. We really enjoyed the tour & tour guide. Part of the tour was closed due to flooding in the caves, but it was still a 45 minute tour, and they discounted the tour due to the flooding. All in all we had a fun experience.

Visited July 2013

New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Florida Caverns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This had been on my bucket list of Florida, and I'm glad we finally had the opportunity to check it off our list. We arrived with 3 kids (ages 8, 6 and 1) and my two parents in the middle of a torrential downpour, but it was the middle of the summer, and I was afraid the tickets would be sold out, so I braved the walk to the visitors center to purchase the tickets. Despite the weather, they were still selling out fast, and although we arrived just before noon, our tour did not start until 2pm, so we left the park in search of lunch. If it had not been raining, I would suggest bringing a lunch along with you and enjoy many of the nice looking trails and picnic areas available.

After reading the brochure which warned about slippery surfaces and the need to squeeze through small openings, my parents elected to remain behind with our toddler. It was very easy to get a refund for their tickets, and we went on the tour as planned with our other two children. The tour itself was wonderful. I thought we spent just the right amount of time in the caves, and there were plenty of opportunities for photographs. The floors were slightly damp in areas, but overall you were able to avoid the large puddles, and only once did I feel like I could slip if I had not been wearing the proper footwear. There were a few drop offs and you were not allowed to touch anything in the caves, so I was thankful my parents had kept my toddler with them. The experience would not have been as enjoyable if I had spent my time holding him or yelling no the whole time. You did have to stoop quite a bit, but it was never for a long time. Only once did we have to "squeeze" by a formation in the middle of the room, but no one in our group had any trouble getting by, and there were a few large people who had joined us. After leaving the caves, we took the opportunity to explore one of the trails, and it was great. We will definitely return to explore the park further.

Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
32 attraction reviews
“Cave Tour and scenic trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a wonderful State Park in the Panhandle of Florida. My husband and I spent a long morning in the park. We took a fun and informative cave tour followed by a 30 minute Bluff Trail hike (wear good shoes, lots of rock and roots). We also drove to the swimming hole and walked around a bit. Nice place to visit if you are into camping. I loved that the caves are small and well lighted. I enjoyed the intimate feel that I have not always felt on other cave tours we have taken. Small group size (about 20) made for a great tour. I did not feel rushed but the pace was fast on the tour, it lasted about an hour.

florida
6 attraction reviews
“Caverns in Florida? who Knew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Everyone was very nice. The tour inside the cavern took about 45 mins, there were several stairs but nothing an average person (im 48 and hubby is 51 and trust me we are not terribly athletic at all) couldn't handle. The ranger was very in depth about the history and "creation" of the cavern, allowed time for us to take pics. It wasn't too cold either. There were some areas were you had to bend down low to walk thru but maybe 2 yards at best. Some parts were a little slippery so wear a good pair of sneakers. You cannot touch the walls with your hands (ranger told us federal offense- you can damage the walls with the oils of our skin) but you really didnt need to. And Im klutzy and did ok. My kids loved it since they have never been to one, they took out their iphones and did panoramic shots.
We discovered this place on our way to Pensacola. Arrive at 9am as they allow only 21 people on each tour. We got there at 930am and went on the 10am tour. Look at their website I think Mondays and Tuesdays(?) there are no tours. There is no wheelchair access, or any other disability access that I could see. There was a lady on our tour (@30's) who had a cane and wore flipflops and she did fine.
The whole thing, took about 1.5 hrs including gift shop time....:)

Atlanta, Georgia
45 attraction reviews
“Not enough time!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

There was so much wonder and beauty at the caverns but we felt like we were rushed through each room of the caves. It all went so fast, too fast!!! For the price and the trip we wished we would have been able to look more. Also the older lady who sold tickets at the gift shop was very grumpy towards the children.