“Comfortable accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

410 S Collier Blvd, Marco Island, FL 34145   |
Cutler Bay
“Comfortable accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was our first time here and we were fairly happy with the place. We were worried about some of the reviews we read before our arrival last week so were somewhat skeptical. The unit was recently refurbished so we were happy to see that it was in very good condition. The pool area was nice. The kids loved the pool and collecting the shells on the beach. Cons: limited onsite parking, towel service only on Mondays, the clothes dryer in room took forever to dry the towels when we did wash (heard same from other guests), and the worst part was seeing very young kids at the benches of the main entrance of the hotel smoking cigarettes. I wasn't comfortable passing them with my kids. I think the parking security should help keep an eye on that kind of thing but then again they were also young. Pros: Cozy, family friendly, pool table and ping pong tables which you could reserve at desk, nice sized screened in balcony, a food pantry and good amount of storage space in unit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We just got back yesterday from Eagles Nest and we miss it already. I have four children 18, 17, 15 and 10. The rooms were great. Renovated and beautiful. My children loved it and want to go back next year. My in-laws have been going there for 30 years and now we are going to start our family. We are going to purchase a Timeshare so that we can enjoy this every year or travel to other places. The staff makes you feel like family. The beach is amazing and have a view of it everynight and morning. Priceless!!! Your private balcany is screened so you can enjoy it anytime of the day. We sat out everynight and enjoyed the view. You can walk to restaurants and a theatre that you can watch a movie and be served something to eat. Old Marco Pub was our favorite restaurant of all. We went fishing, parasailing, wave runners,etc. The shells that you can find on the beach just by walking are one of kind. PARADISE!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

They are so spacious! The view is unbeatable. The pool is gorgeous. These folks know how to treat families as it is not the party place like the Marriott next door. They have Fun Bunch where kids go and play with all the other kids (only $10 per day) for an hour and a half (drink/nap/beach/quiet time for adults!) hair braiding, daily things for families like brownie sundaes or someone grilling pool-side chicken. I'm telling you. Your family is welcome here. Why else do people keep coming back after multiple decades??? The beaches are gorgeous.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
weston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Eagle's Nest almost every year for nearly 20 years (um wow..) I really love the atmosphere here. It's cozy and comfy and clean. The pool area is pretty and just perfect. I enjoy all of the activities they do for the guests all day- everyday. It's certainly the opposite of the Marriott next door which is enormous and impersonal (but nice if you are looking for BIG). The Eagle's Nest pool is a good size for the amount of guests that are usually at the resort. It can get a little crowded but it's still a lot of fun. They have a nice little hut that sells some goodies and a different lunch each day. We often bring a little cooler down with our own wine/lunch/snacks and enjoy going between the pool and beach. My kids (5 and 1.5) enjoy both the pool and the beach area as well. There is no splash area or toddler pool so that makes it a little tough if you have really little ones but most kids just enjoy having a nice pool to swim in. My kids also like going into the racquetball court to play as well as the little game room area and pool room area. My husband and I enjoy making use of the tennis courts (sooo hot in summer) and the great little workout facility which has everything you need. I have had very good experiences with the staff here. They are very attentive and accommodating. It does indeed seem like it's run mom and pop style which has it's positives and negatives.
I have heard renovations have been going on this whole year and I am looking forward to the updates. I definitely think it's overdue and needed in the units. One of my favorite things about the units themselves though are the awesome patios. I find it so relaxing to just sit out there, watch the ocean, and read a book (or fall asleep)
If you are looking for a relaxing and peaceful stay at a cozy and well kept resort, stay here. If you are looking for a little more craziness with thousands of others, stay next door at the Marriott.

Room Tip: If you are able to request a higher floor, it's best for better views. The lower floors in the...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Holderness, Nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We love this plece. Right on a beautiful white sandy beach. Many choices of restaurants within walking distance. Great pool and lots of activities for kids, at the same time a fine place for adults to relax. Recent renovations have been a little disruptive this year but make for a better experience in years to come. Great for family gatherings. We usually have several units and end up with children and grandchildren spending a great time together.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view - the center and higher ones are a little better. I liike the tower units muc...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed for a few days and let me tell you, what a disappointment!! The location is great and the hotel is nice, not as new as the others around. I found that the staff is terrible, no sense of customer service and only about 2 in total to help the guests. There was renovation going on when we stayed and I heard it will continue until several months. They booked us on one floor were we were the only guests staying on the floor, the rest of the rooms were construction sites. Everyday we were woking up to hammers, power tools and construction workers talking at 8am and it continue until 7 pm. The staff (which is two) seemed not to care and did not offer any sympathy. I felt the staff could have handle the situation another way. Very rude staff!!! We requested a 1 hour late check out, and they refused to grant us 1 hour. The front desk do not even look at you when you walk in and out of the hotel. They do not even bother to ask, "how are you enjoying your stay? They charged us for another car $15 a night, when the parking lot was empty? I believe the eagle nest is overrated, there are plenty of other hotels on the beach that are better quality, better service and NOT A CONSTRUCTION SITE!! Oh, an another thing, the soap and lotion they offer you is of poor quality and smells terrible. You would thing that a hotel of this magnitude would provide better quality soaps and lotion (crab tree and evelyn maybe?)

Room Tip: If you want good service, quiet rooms and a helpful staff? Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We have stayed at eagle's nest 4 years in a row. One of are favorite places to go and relax. Will be back in sept 2012. Even with the renovations. Its always clean the services is great. There's so many places to eat. And walk to. Of course the beach is beautiful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Eagle's Nest on Marco Beach? Share your experiences!