“Recent experience at Sale N Pepe” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale E Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 104 Restaurants in Marco Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Ave.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Recent experience at Sale N Pepe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We dined at Sale N Pepe this week with a group of friends (8 of us) celebrating the 45th wedding anniversary of one of the couples. They had made a reservation on Open Table and specified that this was a special occasion. We were seated on the patio. The ambiance can only be described as beatiful with the ocean view and sunset. When we were seated my heart sank. I noticed behind us a table set for 20 people and noticed the group standing on the patio-I could tell they were attending a conference-when they were seated they became loud and obnoxious. We told our server that we were not happy with our table-we could not even hear each other speak over the noise. She told us she was sorry but all of the other tables were reserved. I think this was the wrong answer-she should have told us she would inform the manager. Since the group became louder, we asked to see the manager. The minute he came out, he moved our table. The food and service were exceptional-as we expected. I am stating the same comments I left on the restaurant's comment card-the restaurant was busy both in and out with many parties of 2, 4, 6, and 8. Why does an outstanding restaurant like this need to book a conference crowd who clearly are disruptive-I could tell by the body language of the diners at the next table that they too were bothered by the conference table-unfortunately they were not able to move-going forward, I will add to a reservation request not to be subjected to or seated near a large group. Besides this flaw I highly recommend this restaurant and will return.

Tony F, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and dining with us for your special 45th Wedding Anniversary!

I am happy we were able to resolve the situation for your party and that you were able to continue to enjoy your special evening.

We do our best to accomodate all parties, of all sizes, with all of the unique requests in the order we receive the reservations. If at anytime you or your party feels uncomfortable or does not get what you expected when booking your reservation, we encourage you to speak with a Manager. As a Manager, its my goal to make sure we satisfy every expectation of our guests.

We look forward to having you back in the future.

Hebron, Connecticut
“Excellent meal and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous meal capped off by a gorgeous sunset. We had two meals here and both were great. Ivan, the bartender, makes new drinks every night and they were delicious.

Tony F, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments! I am happy to hear that both of your experiences at Sale e Pepe were memorable. Our bartenders take pride in creating new cocktails each night by adding fresh ingredients like seasonal berries and fresh herbs to traditional cocktails, with a twist that can only be found here at Sale e Pepe. We hope you will come back to join us in the near future!

Tony
Fort Worth, Texas
“elegant dining place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The view is great. They have indoor and outdoor seating. We sat inside as it was cooler. The wine list is extensive, both pricey as well as every day wines. Food was elegantly prepared. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Definitely a place for the special occasion.

Jim,

Thanks for sharing your experience. For those who choose to sit indoors, I always reccommend taking a cocktail or glass of wine outside to enjoy the sunset while you are waiting for your meal, or before you sitdown. Hopefully we will see you again for a special occasion, or just a night out with loved ones!

Steamboat Springs, CO
“Best spot for watching the sunset and IMPECCABLE service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I don't think I've ever had an even close to a bad experience at Sale E Pepe. The staff is so over the top accommodating -- even when it's high season and they are at full capacity. The outdoor patio is simply gorgeous. Be sure to check the time of year and when the sun sets and book your outdoor reservation accordingly. I adore the prosciutto, melon & mozzarella appetizer and I always order whatever the homemade pasta is of the evening. Last visit was a perfect gnocchi. We have been there as just a couple and have also brought our kids (on well behaved nights). Service is gracious and loving towards everyone. And I'm a bread basket addict. The olive bread and - I think it's burratta butter is very delicious. This is definitely a spot in which you don't want to be in a rush. It's a truly Italian experience where time and care is put into having you fully relax and enjoy your surroundings, so if you're in a hurry, save it for another time. It's by no means slow, just a place where mutli course ordering is part of the whole experience (at least in my opinion). Last time we were there (April 2013) we enjoyed a post dinner moonlit walk on the powder soft sand beach below - highly recommended to work off all that yummy pasta and bread.

• Visited April 2013
Lizzie,

Thanks for sharing your dining experience on Trip Advisor! On behalf of the staff I would like to say thank you for your comments about our care and attention to detail. We take a lot of pride in everything we do from the moment you walk in the door, to the moment you leave! Next time you are in, we will put a little extra bread and ricotta cheese spread for your table!

Our Best,
Naples, FL
“We keep hoping.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

About once a year we try again. The service this year was "overly" friendly to the point of being annoying. The food was good, but definitely not great. This newer chef was reported to be very good, the menu items read better than they tasted. The dining room chairs are so low your chin is about table height, very uncomfortable.

Visited May 2013
Linda,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience with Sale e Pepe. If you have any issues while dining with us, please do not hesitate to ask for me during your visit and I will do my best to remedy the situation for you. Whether you are not happy with the service, the food, or the location of your table, I will do everything I can to make sure that when you leave you have a great experience and will come back again and again. Please feel free to contact me anytime when making your next reservation, and I will handle it personally!