“Best on Marco Island” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale E Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 103 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Ave.
Naples, Florida
“Best on Marco Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Killer view of the Gulf of Mexico. Fabulous food, including imaginative specials. Old world charm. Parking is a pleasure.

Visited March 2012

Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Dinner at Sale E Pepe's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Although a bit on the pricey side, the food was outstaning along with the service. Would recommend this one highly!

Visited August 2012
“a special meal in a lovely location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

food was lovely although at a premium cost, excellent wine selection starting at $30 upwards... friendly staff

the only negative was the speed of service was far to quick no sooner did you finish one course than next was at your table, great if your in a rush but wouldn't expect visitors to the sal E pepe to be in a rush we waited longer for the bill than we did the courses of food

Visited August 2012
Columbus, OH
“Excellent food, excellent temperature, expensive....but will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

In the 20 years I have been going to Marco, I would have to say this is the best food I've ever had on the island. The veal is the best I've had in my travels from New York to Napoli. Fresh ingredients prepared excellently and served at the proper temperature - my hat goes off to the chef. Our servers were a little less attentive than desired but it was in the slow season of the summer. I, too, felt the prices of wine were marked up exorbitantly. The view from the back of the dining room was limited, but there is a large deck outside where you can see the Gulf. Be aware that you also may share parts of the restaurant with bridal parties. In all, a nice experience that I will try again in the future.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kentucky
“A tropical gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

From the time we walked in on a Sunday night you felt you were transported back in time. Old world elegance meets sophisticated dining. The view is breath taking especially at sunset. There is an outdoor terrace with comfortable seats and ceiling fans, we opted to be inside after being on the golf course all day. They put us at a window so we could enjoy the view. The wine selection was wonderful. Tatiana was our dinning assistant. Very knowledgable and encouraged me to try the octopus. Vivo (spelling) suggested a marvelous Italian white wine that was spot on to accompany our dinner. Hubs did the chefs summer special which included a starter, main course and dessert. For only $39! I tried the octopus which was incredible, then moved to the ginger pear salad and for my main course the Mediterranean branzino (sea bass) with mussels and clams. They were very accommodating on timing as we kept wanting to go outside between courses to enjoy the view. They were hosting a wedding on the other side of the terrace and I can say I was jealous.. Incredible service and the appetizers looked heavenly. I can highly recommend this as a wedding/reception destination for Marco island. And my number one place for an excellent dinner. I felt no snootiness just good manners and a high regard for impeccable food! They are closed on Monday and Tuesday. So plan in advance. They do have a take out menu which is cool. Dress is casual, sundresses, golf shirt, khakis. I brought home a travel menu just to try and recreate some of the food pairings at home. Enjoy!