“Verdi's is terrific” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 104 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Verdi's has been proudly serving Marco Island since 1998. Come and share a wonderful dining experience with us and from all of us at Verdi's we look forward to serving you soon!
Enfield, CT
“Verdi's is terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Verdi's is a terrific restaurant in so many ways. My wife and I ate there last night and the food was excellent. The bread basket was very tasty, as was the house salad. My swordfish was moist and flavorful, accompanied by an imaginative side combination of grapes, pumpkin seeds, onions, spinach and rice that was delicious. My wife said that her rack of lamb was tender and delicious as well. Our desserts, cinnamon ice cream and coffee cream brulee, were the perfect way to complete a perfect meal.

Despite their location in a strip mall, the atmosphere at Verdi's was also great. The dining room is small and was full- I'm glad we made reservations. Most of the people seemed to know each other and many diners wandered from table to table to say hello. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the dinner was well-paced. All in all it was a fun place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia
“Good food, lacking in atmosphere for vacationers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

My husband and I ate at Verdi's last week when we were vacationing on Marco Island. I had the Baked Brie appetizer drizzled with caramel and it was delicious, as was my husband's appetizer Shrimp Roll. But my entree salmon special had a glaze (similar to a BBQ flavoring?) which overwhelmed the salmon. I would stick to one of their main entree offerings. My husbands chicken penne was good. Overall the appetizers and service were good, but a few things to consider for visitors to the island in my opinion- there is little atmosphere here, it's a small bistro in a strip mall so points lost for vacationers looking for atmosphere with their meal. I also need to mention there is no full bar and some strange parking set up when you pull in with a girl sitting in the parking lot with a Verdi's parking sign? It seemed obvious that parking for Verdi's would be directly outside the restaurant and I'm not sure what the purpose was there since you park yourself.

New Lenox, IL
“Exceeding Expectations (Big Time!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

My wife and I stopped in for a date night earlier in the week and knew we were in for a treat when something as simple as the oil that we dipped our bread in was delightful. The homemade bread dipped in the chef's herb-infused Canola oil was great. My wife had the chicken and penne with spinach and sun dried tomatoes and I had the prime rib of pork with apples, cherries, and red onions served with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. I was in shock. My expectations weren't very high for a place in a strip mall on Marco Island and this ended up being one of the greatest meals of my life. No kidding. The only down-side to the meal was that our wine came a little bit warm, which they remedied immediately and the desserts were not what we expected as compared to what we read on the website before dining. The bananas foster didn't have banana nut bread and the flourless chocolate cake was more like a fudge. You have to eat at Verdi's if you're looking for a great date night with wonderful food.

Harpenden
“Best food we have had in Florida, bar none.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

I read the reviews on Trip advisor and booked it for tonight. Excellent food, cooked to perfection , service fantastic, we were a family party of 9 and nothing was too much trouble. We find that restaurants in the US tend to ruin their food so we usually cook in , but tonight was excellent. great ingredients well prepared, better than we would do ourselves. very unusual for the US/

VLOML
“Reviews on the money - it was terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

We asked locals around Marco a great place to eat and they all said "Verdi's" should not be missed. They were right! We had a terrific meal, great wine list, and the sea bass was out of this world (the signature dish there). The owners came by our table, made small talk, were a lot of fun to chat with and made our meal very comfortable. You wouldn't really expect this kind of restaurant based on the location (strip mall) but don't let that fool you. The ambience was nice as well, but the food made it an excellent dining experience to say the least. If we go back to Marco Island, no doubt this will be a must eat again item on the list!