“Un-rushed Casual Fine Dining” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Marek's Collier House Restaurant ,Fine Dining specialzing in the finest Local Fresh Seafood, Lobsters and Meats.The Bar and Bistro at Marek's, Casual island setting outdoor dining and live entertainment offering a choice of fresh seafood as well as home made Salads, Flatbreads , Steaks and Burgers as well as a few British twists
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Un-rushed Casual Fine Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a classic Marco Island restaurant. Service is attentive but un-rushed. Our waiter, Peter, is the son of the owner, and was very attentive and friendly. The food is also excellent. The sautéed Mahi was moist and tasty. The grouper was also thick and moist and very flavorful. Portions were appropriate but not generous. Prices were reasonable. Overall a good dining experience.

Visited November 2014
PeterMarek, Owner at Marek's Collier House Restaurant, responded to this review, November 15, 2014
Thank you for your review we are very pleased you enjoyed your experience , It appears that you placed your review on the Marek's Collier House Restaurant page this Restaurant is now permanently closed we kindly request that you ask Trip Advisor to move your review to the correct page The Bar and Bistro @Marek's

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind Regards

Peter Marek

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great meal/family friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

Fantastic Meal with good service. Kids menu was a plus with good portions, will definitely return. The Shredded Beef and Goat cheese salad were also excellent

Thank you for your review , It appears you placed your review on our other Restaurant Marek's Collier House Restaurant which has now closed Permanently. We kindly request that you ask Trip Advisor to relocate your review to the correct location The Bar and Bistro at Marek's

Peter Marek
Wallingford, Connecticut
“great water view dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

food was good. They had music and a beautiful view with manatee and dolphin coming right up to the pier. It is your typical seafood but it is well prepared and the service is attentive. Very different, a must try while on Marco Island.

Visited October 2014
Marco Island, Florida
“Mixed bag, but a very comfortable setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have had the good fortune of finding a great baby sitter, and as such have been able to try close to 50 of the restaurants Marco has to offer, but there are still quite a few that have evaded us. So, after having sunset drinks at Stilts, my Wife and I decided to try Marek's for the first time.
From the outside, the place is not very impressive (the dolphin is cheesy and really should go), but inside the restaurant is bright and very inviting. Nice exposed wood, high ceilings in the entrance and bar area, bright paint and spot lighting are all a very welcoming feeling. We were brought to a small 2 person table that would have been very close to our neighbors 4 seat table had they not gotten up to leave as we arrived. The waiter (a pleasant guy from Latvia) was prompt and asked us our drink order and also took an app order which was a great start. We enjoyed the tuna app but had to ask the server for fresh bread (which is ONLY complimentary on the first basket - $2 afterwards). We had to wait a while for the bread while it was heated up, but it was worth the wait! As we split a nice Caesar salad we enjoyed the live music in the bar area. I could easily imagine coming to hang out at the 14 seat bar area in the future.
On to the main course review. My Wife really enjoyed her salmon entrée with fresh vegetables. Sadly, the same cannot be said for my NY strip that was extremely grizzly (fatty) and very tough to chew. The meat was cooked perfectly medium as I had requested, but it was just not a good quality piece of meat at all - backed by my Wife's taste buds as well. To make things even worse for the big eater that I am, the side of the scalloped potatoes were hard and tasteless (I actually had to leave them after we both tasted them). A note to all those who visit Marek's, the prices are very reasonable, but the portions are accordingly rather on the small side.
To finish things off, my Wife had the pecan pie and even though it is not home made, she said it was one of the best she has ever had.
The British owner came over to chat with us after the meal and he is a very nice guy, and although I am sure he probably would have appreciated knowing about the negativity of my meal, I really wanted my Wife and I to enjoy our "date night' away from the kids and keep things as positive as possible.
Overall, a really nice and comfortable atmosphere that I think I would enjoy as a bar more than a restaurant. There were both highs and lows in our meals, and I wouldn't hesitate coming back for apps again. I would give this a solid 3.5 stars if it were available, but since it isn't, a 3 is what I would give it. Friday nights for the music is well worth it!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We've been coming over to Marco for over 15 years and have never been able to come to Marek's as, due to being in education in the UK, we have to come over when schools are closed, and that's when Marek's is closed as well. This year, it's closing later, so we made the most of this, and tried it. We were certainly not disappointed. I started with oriental duck rolls which were tasty, and the hoisin sauce lifted them to another level, and my husband had the delicious mushroom soup. I kept to the oriental theme by having an entrée of Asian crispy shredded beef and my husband had the crab stuffed jumbo shrimp. We weren't going to have desert, but when I saw my favourite vanilla bean crème brulee, I changed my mind! My husband had the key lime pie which he said was great. The service was excellent and friendly. We'll be back again before we go home.

• Visited August 2014