“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family run business specializing in waverunner tours and waverunner rentals. Our guided tours of the Gulf of Mexico and the backwater 10,000 Islands are custom tailored to ensure your trip is an unforgettable experience.
London, United Kingdom
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Rented a JetSki in October 2013, everything very easy and friendly! Highlighted a very nice route as well, made perfect use of the 2 hours we had. Highly recommended!

Marco Island, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“First Class Fully-Tailored Tour and Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting Caxambas Park one weekday--one of several picturesque places in Marco to see the sun rise--when we found Bill and Michelle and their two daughters organizing an excursion for a group of tourists going on a wave runner adventure. I always wanted to rent a wave runner to visit a geocache on Cape Romano and generally tour the area around Gullivan Bay where there is so much to see in the Mangroves, etc. My wife, who doesn't like watercraft smaller than Queen Mary sized cruise ships, was very supportive of my dream but wanted me to go with experienced tour guides as I was unfamiliar with the waters off South Florida. After a quick conversation with Bill's daughter, I had my adventure booked for 11am--a personalized tour exactly as I requested and for a guided wave runner tour at slightly more than the cost of renting a wave runner for the same time frame.

We launched at Caxambas Park at 11am and idled South until we were out of the Marco "Idle-Speed Only" area. We then went to Helen Cay to look for a geocache only to find that my iPhone had no signal so finding it using dead reckoning was going to be too time-consuming. Note-to-self always take your GPS when navigating areas that were clearly never meant for cell phone users.

The waters of Gullivan Bay towards the open Gulf were quite choppy so Michelle spelled out in very accurate detail what I could expect in terms of risks and discomfort giving me the option as to whether we venture to Cape Romano or head inland up the Black River. My response, of course, was LET'S GO TO CAPE ROMANO AND TOUR THE BLACK RIVER both. Off we went.

The waves were choppy and it took about ten minutes to cross before we had the shelter of Morgan Bay but the trip was very worthwhile. After touring the domes off Cape Romano I was able to beach the wave runner just around the corner and headed inland on foot to find the geocache called "Neptunus". Found it within ten minutes, signed the log, took pictures and then headed back to the beach where I found Bill and Michelle patiently waiting to take me on our next leg of the tour.

We then took a route that kept us in the least choppy area before crossing Gullivan Bay to get to the mouth of the Black River. Keep in mind, I never would have seen any choppy water if I stuck to Michelle's recommended routes that avoided any open water. I am also confident that if the seas were rough to the point of posing any hazard, rather then mere discomfort, I wouldn't have been given the option to reach any destination that had any such risks.

We finished our tour with a 30-minute ride up the Black River where the scenery and smells were simply awesome. Bill used his Smartphone to film me as I followed them and it was a really nice touch to recount my adventure later that day showing my wife all the places we visited. The whole tour with watercraft, expert guides, pictures and video provided, etc. was all-inclusive in the price quoted at the outset of our trip. First-class!!

Dealing with Bill and his family with all the personal attention and genuine interest in me receiving the best experience possible was simply delightful. Their equipment is late model wave runners in top condition so there was no worries over equipment breakdown or inability to travel with style and speed when needed.

If you want a perfect wave runner adventure from Marco Island, see the fine folks at Full Throttle Wave Runner Adventures!

Visited August 2013
“Personalized service with a smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We were treated to a 2 hour private trip that catered to exactly what we wanted to do: shelling, dolphin watching, mangrove island exploration. Full Throttle is a family run company with dad Bill and his two daughters, Christy and Becky. We were on one waverunner and the girls on another. The ride was smooth, weather perfect and service exceptional. It felt like we were out with friends rather than just another customer. You can tell they love what they do, know the area well and revere the wildlife. Can't wait to do this again and look for sand dollars!

Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Choppy day = Big fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

If was a choppy day with the aftermath of the tropical storm. The big waves made it a fun adventure. We even went up a river to see the black swamp waters. Excellent way to spend a few hours and the guides were great.

Visited October 2013
“Proves that mom & pops get you more bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We read several reviews discouraging us from taking the wave runner tours from the hotel, so we went with full throttle based on online reviews. Boy were we happy that we did since we got to see so much! My husband and I took a private tour for 2 hours. We each got our own wave runner because the hubby would prefer to go fast and I would prefer to go slower since it was my first time. But I was totally wrong! We went up to speeds of 63 mph and zipped in and out of the channels of the man groves. Husband and wife guides were so cool, laid back and friendly! Prices were cheaper than the bigger wave runner tours and you got to see a lot more! I would fully recommend this company over any other. Money totally well spent!