“The most amazing tour ever taken” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 62 activities in Marco Island
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a professional family friendly eco-tour company that specializes in boating, shelling, hiking and kayaking, Marco Island, 10,000 Islands, and the Everglades. More people choose us because we're private, which means you never feel like you're on a tour. All adventures are personalized and scheduled according to wildlife behavior and seasonal patterns for maximum enjoyment. See dolphins, manatees, sea turtles and more in their natural habitat. Locally owned and operated since 2001. Captain Alex Saputo owner/operator.
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
“The most amazing tour ever taken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Captain Alex came highly recommended by word of mouth. They advised that his tours were all one of a kind experiences and that I would not be disappointed. I was a little apprehensive as having two 11 year olds with me, I was not sure how they would do on a boat and how tolerant he would be of them. I was again reassured that he liked kids and was excellent with them. I booked the tour still a little unsure. I should not have worried a bit. From the onset Captain Alex was excellent with them. He made sure that they had the time of their lives. Somehow he managed to show us everything that we wanted to see on our list. That was frankly amazing. Manatees check. Dolphins, check. Osprey and babies, check. Bald Eagles, check. Sea turtles, check. Gorgeous shells, check. The list goes on and on. I have been on several tours during my lifetime and Captain Alex outranks and outperforms them all. This was the most amazing and cherished experience that I will play back over and over in my head. Will I be a return customer, there is no doubt in my head that I will be. If you want an amazing tour that will be forever etched in your memory, just give Captain Alex a call. He won’t disappoint! - Amanda

Visited March 2013
Alex S, Owner at Florida Backcountry Adventures - Private Eco Tours, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I can't express enough how fun it was to work with you and your family. I love working with new people, kids especially, who might not be 100% sure how the day would unfold. I'm confident in my skills as a guide but I have to thank the wildlife gods, as there was something to see around every corner. Looking forward to our next adventure!

Naples, Florida
“Excellent boat tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We found Florida Backcountry Adventures on the web and called Captain Alex to make a reservation. He was waiting for us at the quayside when we arrived and asked us what kind of wildlife we were interested in spotting. He knows the 10,000 Islands very well and took us to different locations to see white pelicans, osprey, bald eagle, sea turtles and stingray. The highlight though was definitely the dolphins. Alex was like the pied piper of Hamelin the way he could get the dolphins to follow in his wake, jumping out of the water less than five feet from us. This was a truly memorable experience that will always live with us.
I couldn't recommend this trip highly enough.

Visited January 2013