“Susan evans is an excellent tennis pro and delightful person.” 5 of 5 stars

+1 239-784-7550
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Tennis anyone? Looking for some exercise, lively hits and helpful tips? I am a USPTA Certified Elite Tennis Professional and offer a variety of professional tennis teaching services to tourists and residents alike on Marco Island in sunny Southwest Florida. It's always tennis fun in the sun with Island Tennis! Advanced reservations required.
“Susan evans is an excellent tennis pro and delightful person.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Susan evans gave me two great tennis lessons. I found her to be very knowledgeable and helpful. She pointed out several things to improve my game! She was a delightful person .

Visited January 2014
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Susan, thank you for your wonderful review. So very nice of you to take the time to write one. I am so pleased to have met you and worked with you, it was all my pleasure and I really enjoyed helping you. I look forward to you coming to visit again so I can see your improvement and continue to work on more things! Keep up the great work and thanks again! Susan :)

Merion Station, Pennsylvania
“Tennis lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I am an average player, roughly 4.5 rating, who simply loves to hit balls for exercise. I had a wonderful hitting lesson with Susan Evans. I found her to be highly professional, offering a multitude of drills and critique. She was observant enough to make some adjustments with my grip, enabling me to become more confident and consistent. The amount of balls I hit in an hour's time as well her instruction was worth every cent of the lesson. I found her through The Spa at the Hilton Hotel. If there was any negative point to report, it was that the clay (har-tru) court conditions/maintenance were subpar and needed to be better managed.

Visited January 2014
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Billy, thank you for your review and your kind words! I really enjoyed hitting with you too and also giving you a few little tidbits that could help improve your game. It was also neat to see your wonderful photos of your grass court club in Philly! Thanks for looking me up during your stay at the Hilton on Marco Island. And btw, I passed on your feedback about the condition of the courts to the proper people so if you come back for another session I hope it will be to your liking. Keep enjoying the game and thanks again! Susan :)
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
3 attraction reviews
“1 hour lesson with Island Tennis in Marco Island, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I took a tennis lesson with a friend of mine and with Island Tennis in Marco Island, FL. Last time I took a tennis lesson was about 27 years ago and, after having primarily dedicated my time to cycling, recently with Susan I just realized how much I like tennis and how this sport has changed so much in the last two decades. Susan Evans is a pro Tennis player and also a fantastic coach, very patient, fun, informative answering all our questions, flexible to adjust to our poor tennis level, goal oriented when interacting with us and asking what we preferred to cover in that hour and, more importantly, she rekindled the passion in tennis I forgot I have! She also allowed me to use a Wilson 99S pro racket which felt very different from the one used a long time ago. Yes, I'm going to play tennis again and, grazie Susan, now I need to practice!

Visited November 2013
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Grazie mille Cristiano of Italy and now Boston! So nice of you to take the time and to write such a positive review on your experience with Island Tennis! I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourself and that your passion for the game has been rekindled! I also enjoyed introducing you to the modern game of tennis too! All my pleasure! You are now a modern man! Buona Fortuna! Keep enjoying! Forza!
Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Fabulous Pro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Susan is an excellent teacher and has a very good sense of her pupils. She identified my strengths, weaknesses, and temperament very early on in one session. She uses complex drills with me that also help me to focus and sharpen my basic math skills. She has a wonderful personality. Anyone who wants individualized instruction and an awesome workout should seek out Susan.

Visited September 2013
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Wow, thank you very much for your wonderful review, Alya. So very nice of you to take the time and to say such nice things about your time with me on the tennis court. It's all my pleasure and I always enjoy helping my students and giving them some valuable things that they can work on over time to improve their games and have fun while doing so. Hehe, I've never thought of my lessons as good for math skills too, but heck, why not! I've been known to use foreign languages in my lessons too! Thanks again, much appreciated! All the best!
Memphis, Tn
“Great tennis clinics on Marco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

A group of four of us came to Marco for a combination tennis/fun trip. We called ahead and booked a clinic with Susan for the first day we were there. It was great doubles strategy and lots of fun. So much so that we booked a second clinic for the last day we were there!

She's really easy to work with and gives great advice/reasoning for why we should do what we should do in doubles tennis!

Highly recommend Susan for this and I bet her bike tours are equally as fabulous!

Visited September 2013
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Terrific, thanks a million, Memphis, TN! So nice of you to take the time to write a review and I am pleased that I was able to help you all out with your tennis games as well, it was indeed all my pleasure! I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Marco Island to continue working on your doubles games! Until then, keep enjoying!