“Breathtaking!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apollo Condominiums

You added Apollo Condominiums to your Saves list
Apollo Condominiums
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   900 South Collier Boulevard, Unit 306, Marco Island, FL 34145   |
Fort Worth
“Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We found this place on VRBO.com and we are so glad we did. This place has everything you can think of in a vacation rental location. Beautiful white sand beaches to blue water. Tons & tons of sea shells for you picking. Security here at the condo makes you feel very safe. We have never felt so welcomed before. Marco Island has it all from grocery stores to small boutiques to sovereign shops. Our stay was relaxing and we will forever have the best memories. I HIGHLY recommend this condo for your next vacation. We stayed at #209 and the balconies are bigger on the second floor just fyi!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We just got home from our stay in Apollo 804. We had a great week! This rental is not the Marriott or Hilton so please don't go into a rental here thinking it is. The unit could use some updating (bathroom, bedroom carpet, kitchenette/living area). . But to be honest, we very rarely spent any time in the unit. But the view from the balcony is amazing! We had our meals out there as well as played some card games as we watched the beautiful sunsets! Most of the time, we were either down at the beach, lounging by the large beautiful pool, or out exploring the island. It is very secure. You have to have a key to get into the building, onto the elevator, or back in from the beach. One of their employees even came through the pool area several times a day checking to ensure everyone was actually a guest at the condo. We had plenty of hot water whenever we wanted it and the A/C worked perfectly. It was really nice being able to load up the fridge with a week's worth of breakfast and lunch items. Fran (condo owner) was very nice and accessible but didn't bother us at all during our visit. The only thing I did not like was the location of the condo building. The public beach access is right next to the condo so that area of the beach tended to be quite crowded.

• Stayed June 2013
Plain City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great unit for the price. Great view of the beach from balcony. Pool was nice and easy access to beach. Food on ground floor was good and view from patio was great. Will recommend this unit and building to all my friends and family. We can't wait until next year. See you then!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
st. louis. mo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I don't even know where to start with this unit. If you rent this unit make sure to pick up items your expecting will be in the unit when you arrive. Toilet paper, dish soap, trash bags, extra light bulbs etc. I don't know where they get the cleaning people to clean but they need to teach them what cleaning is. The bathroom floor had hair on it (wasn't ours), mirror in bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned. Coffee pot still had the grounds in it from previous renter (once again hello cleaning people part of your job)...lamps in bedroom next to bed had no light bulbs (makes reading hard) need to purchase new wash rags and towels (very old) blinds in bedroom were so dirty...looked like they have NEVER been cleaned. The carpet in the bedroom really needs a good cleaning..I even attempted to vacuum it...What a surprise when I turned on the vacuum and it sounded odd. I flipped it over and to my surprise the entire mechanism (motor that drives the belts and brush roller were gone! My question is why would someone keep this and do the so called cleaning people use it??? This unit really need an update and a good cleaning and paint job.

As far as the Apollo goes it was a nice complex. It was in a good location, beach nice and they have a good restaurant. I would consider staying here again but most definitely not Unit 705 stear clear of it!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Evergreen, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed in this "Ocean Front" condo in April,2013 and what we saw was construction equipment on the beach right in front of the Apollo. The project ran 24 hours a day and the noise was non stop. A few hundred yards of beach was blocked off. According to Clausen Properties, the owner refused any reimbursement of the full rate we paid. We had not been notified in advance. Read a rental agreement and you'll see that the owner has numerous rights but the renter has none! The condo is adequate, nothing more. The drip pans on the stove looked like they've never been cleaned. The bathroom sink was stopped up and it took a few calls and days to have it fixed. None of our letters have brought any assistance. Check before you stay and try for another unit.

Room Tip: Check with the Chamber of Commerce re: construction activity
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in a 1 bedroom unit at the Apollo. It was cozy (aka small) however it fully met our needs. What's most fantastic about the Apollo is every room has a full unobstructed view of the ocean. If you want to spend $2000-$3000 a week for a nice hotel room with nothing more than a bed, couch and a tv, and pay to park, then Apollo is not for you. On the other hand, if you want free parking, a condo furnished with a king bed, full living room and fully furnished kitchen for around $700 a week then don't hesitate to rent at the Apollo. We like being able to go to the grocery store, stock up on food for breakfast and lunch and be able to cook in our room. Some units even come equipped with beach towels, beach chairs, coolers, etc. You'll never get all of that at a hotel.

I've read a few reviews that say there is nothing to do on Marco Island and if you are under 50 you won't enjoy it. I beg to differ! My husband and I are in our late 30's and it's our favorite vacation spot. The Apollo is right on the beach, you can jet ski, take a catamaran ride or parasail. Naples is 20mins away, Miami is only 2 hrs away. There is a fantastic outlet mall about 30mins away. Marco Island itself has fantastic restaurants, comedy club, a movie theater and shopping within walking distance from the Apollo. The Everglades is only 45mins away if you enjoy gator watching :-)

Other great things about the Apollo are it's warm and clean pool with hot tub, work out room, tennis courts and the Sunset Grill restaurant right down stairs, it's more like a sports bar and has great food!

In a nut shell, the Apollo is a gem for people looking for a reasonably priced, perfectly located place to stay while enjoying Marco Island. The only caution I'd offer is to do your research before you pick a unit, read reviews for different units, some are better furnished and cleaner than others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I would have given 2.5 stars if I could have. The location would have been great had it not been for the construction on the beach. Our view included two tractor trailers parked on the beach with an orange safety fence surrounding them and very long ugly pipes. The construction area was quite large. I would say it took up the beach front area in front of 3 resorts. Because the south beach public access is right next to the Apollo condos and there was such a large area blocked off with construction, the beach was very crowded. Apparently the construction is going to take about 60 days to complete. Here's a news video clip about it. http://www.fox4now.com/multimedia/videos/?bctid=2219916956001 The beach is is VERY shell-y. If you enjoy shelling, you'll love it. You WILL need shoes for walking on the beach. It is not the soft white sand from the panhandle. I was very pleased with the Sunset Grill on the lower floor. It was very convenient and the crab cake sandwich was delicious. Now for the units, 1008 was a little bigger, I think. It had a king bed in the bedroom and a small island in the kitchen. But it was old and felt kind of dirty. There was a creepy dirty towel in the closet and the comforter was not clean. There was a small beach umbrella and chairs in the closet. Unit 803 had a very small kitchen. I think the microwave was the first model ever invented. It was really old! The hot water doesn't last very long so showers have to be quick. The owners allow access to their storage closet outside the room which has a nicer umbrella and chairs, and even a skim board. My daughter was a little afraid of the closet though because she was sure it held spiders. This unit was also old and felt a little dirty. The bathrooms in both units were very small. Overall, the units both need updating and a really thorough cleaning, including washing all blankets and comforters. I used two different rental companies, Century 21 and Horizon, which were both very helpful and I would use them both again. The building has 1 coin operated washer and dryer set on each floor by the elevator. Our units didn't have a lot of towels so we did need to wash. Each unit had a few beach towels too. They were thin and not very big, but they were beach towels. The units only had about a half roll of paper towels and toilet paper so you will need to pick some up. The pool and hot tub were fairly nice. There are strict rules however. No nighttime use, no drinks or food, no jumping or being loud, etc. The office has a computer screen with views of the pool area and hallways leading to the pool area. You have to check in with the office when you arrive to get a parking pass and pool bands. I believe the office hours are 10 am-8 pm. You have to use a key to get in the front door, the pool doors, the beach gate, and to use the elevator on the first floor. I found that all the condos on Marco are very strict when it comes to letting people in. My daughter had friends at other condos and it was not easy to go back and forth between them. I went to pick up my 17 year daughter at Medeira and the guards almost wouldn't let me in. They finally agreed but said I would have to be back in 5 minutes or they would come looking for me. I had the same experience at Residents Beach, trying to drop off her friends to their mother.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Apollo Condominiums? Share your experiences!