My husband and I spent a week in a 1 bedroom unit at the Apollo. It was cozy (aka small) however it fully met our needs. What's most fantastic about the Apollo is every room has a full unobstructed view of the ocean. If you want to spend $2000-$3000 a week for a nice hotel room with nothing more than a bed, couch and a tv, and pay to park, then Apollo is not for you. On the other hand, if you want free parking, a condo furnished with a king bed, full living room and fully furnished kitchen for around $700 a week then don't hesitate to rent at the Apollo. We like being able to go to the grocery store, stock up on food for breakfast and lunch and be able to cook in our room. Some units even come equipped with beach towels, beach chairs, coolers, etc. You'll never get all of that at a hotel.
I've read a few reviews that say there is nothing to do on Marco Island and if you are under 50 you won't enjoy it. I beg to differ! My husband and I are in our late 30's and it's our favorite vacation spot. The Apollo is right on the beach, you can jet ski, take a catamaran ride or parasail. Naples is 20mins away, Miami is only 2 hrs away. There is a fantastic outlet mall about 30mins away. Marco Island itself has fantastic restaurants, comedy club, a movie theater and shopping within walking distance from the Apollo. The Everglades is only 45mins away if you enjoy gator watching :-)
Other great things about the Apollo are it's warm and clean pool with hot tub, work out room, tennis courts and the Sunset Grill restaurant right down stairs, it's more like a sports bar and has great food!
In a nut shell, the Apollo is a gem for people looking for a reasonably priced, perfectly located place to stay while enjoying Marco Island. The only caution I'd offer is to do your research before you pick a unit, read reviews for different units, some are better furnished and cleaner than others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Apollo condominiums have their balcony facing the famous white sand south beach of Marco Island, but Apollo 306 is located in the more advanced part of the building, which has spectacular unobstructed panoramic view of the entire south beach of Marco Island, South West Florida. From the private and large balcony, you can see the crescent part of the beach (to the right) and the south point of the beach (to the left) where dolphins, pelicans, fishing man (and sometimes manatees) like to go. The two walls each side of the balcony give you more privacy for eating at the balcony table or watching breathtaking sunsets on the Gulf sitting in long chairs.Also, Apollo 306 is on the best floor to have close look to the beach. It is just not too high to see well all that happen on the beach, and just high enough to see the beach even when we are sitting in the living or dining room.Apollo 306 is newly and beautifully redecorated and refurnished, not only with all the amenities of home, but with all the extras possible for your comfort and enjoyment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Apollo Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apollo Condominiums Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Apollo
- Apollo Marco Island
- Apollo Condominiums Marco Island, Florida