I would have given 2.5 stars if I could have. The location would have been great had it not been for the construction on the beach. Our view included two tractor trailers parked on the beach with an orange safety fence surrounding them and very long ugly pipes. The construction area was quite large. I would say it took up the beach front area in front of 3 resorts. Because the south beach public access is right next to the Apollo condos and there was such a large area blocked off with construction, the beach was very crowded. Apparently the construction is going to take about 60 days to complete. Here's a news video clip about it. http://www.fox4now.com/multimedia/videos/?bctid=2219916956001 The beach is is VERY shell-y. If you enjoy shelling, you'll love it. You WILL need shoes for walking on the beach. It is not the soft white sand from the panhandle. I was very pleased with the Sunset Grill on the lower floor. It was very convenient and the crab cake sandwich was delicious. Now for the units, 1008 was a little bigger, I think. It had a king bed in the bedroom and a small island in the kitchen. But it was old and felt kind of dirty. There was a creepy dirty towel in the closet and the comforter was not clean. There was a small beach umbrella and chairs in the closet. Unit 803 had a very small kitchen. I think the microwave was the first model ever invented. It was really old! The hot water doesn't last very long so showers have to be quick. The owners allow access to their storage closet outside the room which has a nicer umbrella and chairs, and even a skim board. My daughter was a little afraid of the closet though because she was sure it held spiders. This unit was also old and felt a little dirty. The bathrooms in both units were very small. Overall, the units both need updating and a really thorough cleaning, including washing all blankets and comforters. I used two different rental companies, Century 21 and Horizon, which were both very helpful and I would use them both again. The building has 1 coin operated washer and dryer set on each floor by the elevator. Our units didn't have a lot of towels so we did need to wash. Each unit had a few beach towels too. They were thin and not very big, but they were beach towels. The units only had about a half roll of paper towels and toilet paper so you will need to pick some up. The pool and hot tub were fairly nice. There are strict rules however. No nighttime use, no drinks or food, no jumping or being loud, etc. The office has a computer screen with views of the pool area and hallways leading to the pool area. You have to check in with the office when you arrive to get a parking pass and pool bands. I believe the office hours are 10 am-8 pm. You have to use a key to get in the front door, the pool doors, the beach gate, and to use the elevator on the first floor. I found that all the condos on Marco are very strict when it comes to letting people in. My daughter had friends at other condos and it was not easy to go back and forth between them. I went to pick up my 17 year daughter at Medeira and the guards almost wouldn't let me in. They finally agreed but said I would have to be back in 5 minutes or they would come looking for me. I had the same experience at Residents Beach, trying to drop off her friends to their mother.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Apollo condominiums have their balcony facing the famous white sand south beach of Marco Island, but Apollo 306 is located in the more advanced part of the building, which has spectacular unobstructed panoramic view of the entire south beach of Marco Island, South West Florida. From the private and large balcony, you can see the crescent part of the beach (to the right) and the south point of the beach (to the left) where dolphins, pelicans, fishing man (and sometimes manatees) like to go. The two walls each side of the balcony give you more privacy for eating at the balcony table or watching breathtaking sunsets on the Gulf sitting in long chairs.Also, Apollo 306 is on the best floor to have close look to the beach. It is just not too high to see well all that happen on the beach, and just high enough to see the beach even when we are sitting in the living or dining room.Apollo 306 is newly and beautifully redecorated and refurnished, not only with all the amenities of home, but with all the extras possible for your comfort and enjoyment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Apollo Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apollo Condominiums Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Apollo
- Apollo Marco Island
- Apollo Condominiums Marco Island, Florida