Arrived late in the evening. The owner told us someone had been renting the previous week but promised a clean condo. The guy touted he avoids management companies to save money and pass the lower cost on to the renter. There was no cost savings . Same cost or more than other units available from experience.
Upon arrival we found the condo filthy. The refrigerator had food in it. The bed sheets had been made but not cleaned. Gross.. The last thing you want to do after a long day of traveling is clean up someone else mess. Or sleep in others excrement. In fact we rent condos / vacation several times a year and cannot remember ever having to clean one upon arrival?
Phoned the owner to let him know of our disappointment. Surprisingly he did not seem to care. He made so many excuses as to what could have happened. That doesn't take care of the problem. He never offered to have the cleaning company come back to clean. He pointed out there were extra sheets in the closet and we should just change them. That is not the point. We are not family we are renters with a clear understanding the unit was to be clean upon arrival.
The sliding door screens were extremely worn. Wouldn't roll nor stay on the track. So you have no screen and bugs just come in. The windows were extremely filthy. It was like looking though a haze He pointed out the cleaning supplied were in the cleaning closet.
The landlord spoke of high A/C bill. Notes everywhere telling you to keep A/C off as often as possible. Would have tried to save energy by leaving the doors open and a/c off but the screens don't work.
Also note the A/C system was so old and noisy it was difficult to sleep when it operates. The kitchen table is worthless. It is a game table. The bathroom worn. Chipped bath tub. Mold in corner of tub. The furniture generally worn and uncomfortable. The exception was a newer chair but that was of lower quality too.
It is real evident the owner really didn't spend a lot of moneys furnishing this unit. Everything reeked of low quality. Kitchen utensils and flatware low quality. TV channels very limited. BR TV is an older TV with so so picture. Reminded me of a single star hotel.
The internet is locked. There was no instructions what code to use. The owner advertised it was available , He acted surprised that we would use it. It was promised in the VRBO ad and expected as I keep in touch utilizing the internet.
Cheap plastic patio furniture. You know the cheap white plastic stuff you might find in a Big Lots. The chairs were flimy
The promised beach furniture was extremely worn and in the case of one lawn chair it was downright unusable, broken. We had to buy some chairs. There however was a new cooler.
The phots show a telescope. It didn't work. Take your own binoculars to watch the dolphins and boats.
We have stayed at Apollo several times in the past. There are so many other and much nicer units available in much better condition. Very obvious this was a lower class unit.
Ever other unit we have ever rented at Apollo the owners allowed us to use beach stuffs from owners closet. Usually a pretty stocked closet of chairs umbrellas etc etc... Not here. He kept a couple chairs on the balconey. What a joke!!!
In my opinion this was the worst unit we have ever rented at Apollo and will not ever rent from this guy again.
Stay at Apollo but avoid unit 906 at all costs.. There are too many other units available that are much more nicer.
- Also Known As:
- Apollo Condominiums Hotel Marco Island
- Apollo Condominiums Hotel
- Marco Island Apollo
- Apollo Marco Island
- Apollo Condominiums Marco Island, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Apollo condominiums have their balcony facing the famous white sand south beach of Marco Island, but Apollo 306 is located in the more advanced part of the building, which has spectacular unobstructed panoramic view of the entire south beach of Marco Island, South West Florida. From the private and large balcony, you can see the crescent part of the beach (to the right) and the south point of the beach (to the left) where dolphins, pelicans, fishing man (and sometimes manatees) like to go. The two walls each side of the balcony give you more privacy for eating at the balcony table or watching breathtaking sunsets on the Gulf sitting in long chairs.Also, Apollo 306 is on the best floor to have close look to the beach. It is just not too high to see well all that happen on the beach, and just high enough to see the beach even when we are sitting in the living or dining room.Apollo 306 is newly and beautifully redecorated and refurnished, not only with all the amenities of home, but with all the extras possible for your comfort and enjoyment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Apollo Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.