“Retraction - This place was awesome....” 5 of 5 stars

700 S. Collier Blvd., Marco Island, FL 34145   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Marco Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“Retraction - This place was awesome....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

I should have waited until my 3rd day at The Charter Club before I wrote my first review, I really thought I was going to be bored, this was so far from the truth. I finally learned how to relax and have a great time doing it. The staff was awesome, everyone was so nice and helpful, yeah, they had no music but I found by the 3rd day I didn't need to be entertained. They had free sailboats that I was able to use everyday. and kayaks and free tennis ..... and I actually loved that I had the same lounge chair every day in the same spot.. the views and the weather were amazing. The best restaurants on the Island were all walking distance... go to DaVinci's, this was the best Italian food I have had in the last year. I would come back again anytime. I even liked the fact that I had to take my towels down to the laudry I got to meet a lot of nice people also waiting for clean towels. DaVinci's turns into a nightclub on Saturday nights, open until 2am., we had a blast. I didn't want to leave, this was one of the best vacations I have ever had, I was totally surprised and delighted. I would recommend the Charter Club for sure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

The average nightly stay price is incorrect as given: $449. A more accurate estimate would be no higher than $349/night average. The people, staff and guests, are wholesome, good people. It is a family place, with three generations represented. Our family has been coming for 21 years.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

This was my 13th year in a row at this resort. The staff is amazing and will cater to any of your needs. The rooms themselves are great for a family..enough room so people aren't on top of eachother. Yes there could be some updates as in appliances...but nothing is broken or more than 2-3yrs old. The location is great and it is easy to enjoy the water activities (sailing, jet skis, kayaks, parasailing). The pool and hot tub are great. The wed. afternoon fashion show and cookout are always fun and we look forward to them every year. It is within walking distance (not even 2 miles) to restaurants, bars, shopping, gas station.. almost everything! We come here every year as a family and have passed up other vacation spots (Sanibel, Key West, Miami) to keep coming back. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Liked — Staff and location
  • Disliked — hhmm.. hard to find something wrong with it
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

We stayed for a week and booked with Hilton timeshare points. We were surprised this is a Hilton property (there is no insignia when we got there, but assumed it was because we were able to use our points ) as it was definitely not up to Hilton standards. This hotel would be okay if you're on a budget, but when you used to high quality condos, it was quite disappointing.
The decor and furnishings were outdated and old and various things didn't work- phone, hot water in one of the baths, microwave. It was difficult to deal with the front desk. We stayed a week, and the entire time we were there never saw any staff cleaning anything on the grounds. Cigarette butts in the stairwell. Filthy elevators, never cleaned pnce. The gym was a joke, filled with old equipment. The grounds and common areas were dirty and unkept. Parking was free but very limited. The pool was kept cleaned. I guess we were there during off-season and they don't maintain the staff. The beach in front of the hotel had way too many shells, further down the beach was much better kept.
I would only recommend this property if you get a stellar price on it and are looking for a bargain, like no more than $700/week.

• Liked — the oceanview
  • Disliked — the outdated decor
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

We traded for this property thru RCI. We were told about the construction upon booking this unit. We called the facility and they were very honest. The only noise we ever heard was the back up beeps of equipment. You had to really listen to hear them. Every so often you would hear something but nothing disturbing. We never heard anything in our building and we were closest to the construction. We actually went on a visit of the facilty and we were given 150.00 to use during our stay at designated Rest.
Yes, the rooms need renovated but they are CLEAN. The kitchens have been renovated and are very nice. The staff was very nice and very helpful. The activities were nice but the children's Activities Director seemed not to like her job. She had the attitude that we were disturbing her by showing up for scheduled activities. The other Activities lady was very nice! The help yourself activities are GREAT!!!!
I would not recommend the Sunset Beach Photographer Peter . Do not take the time to dress your entire family. We arrived FIRST for our pics. and he never got to us!!! He is very unprofessional. He was to busy taking everyone else's pics that arrived after us. Anyone with small children he took first. The ages of my children are under 10. By the time he got to us the Sun was TOTALLY gone. We left without any pictures. After telling the story at the pool - everyone was finishing my story for me. They had been there done that with Peter. Don't waste your time and effort!!!!!!!
We truly had a great trip at this facility even though we had a few glitches. I would recommend this facility. It is very relaxing. The beach chairs are awesome, as well. Paul does and excellent job with them.

• Liked — The beach, view, and the amenities.
  • Disliked — The photographer and Children's Activities person.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Friendswood, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

We are HGVC members and decided to stay at the Charter Club. The unit that we stayed in was average for a Hilton managed property. The rooms were clean and the elevators are being updated. The master bedroom had a king size bed and the second bedroom had two twins. You can use the fold out couch for a bed however, my children complained about how very uncomfortable it was.The beach was clean and the shelling and sunsets were great. However, the water at the beach was not clear at all.

• Liked — view of beach
  • Disliked — bed linen
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

I just returned from staying at the Charter Club over Spring Break. I was a little worried about the noise of the new Marriott's construction after reading reviews, but it must be in a new stage because I barely heard anything. I thought the Charter club was well maintained except for paint in the front. The pool area was large and I could always get a chair if I wanted one. The cabana rentals on the beach are definately the way to go. The view from my sixth floor was incredible. I thought the kids activities for my 11 year old and her friend were great. The staff was so nice and all the people staying there. I met so many people and loved the free lunch on Wed and the Margarita party on Thursday. This is a great timeshare experience. Hotels with drink service are nice but way more costly. This is low key, less people and more relaxing.

The rooms are large and clean. Loved it.

I would go again.

• Liked — View of ocean, beach, pool area, kids activities
  • Disliked — paint peeling off in front
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Charter Club of Marco Beach? Share your experiences!