“Great Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Marco Island
Maine
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

This was my 13th year in a row at this resort. The staff is amazing and will cater to any of your needs. The rooms themselves are great for a family..enough room so people aren't on top of eachother. Yes there could be some updates as in appliances...but nothing is broken or more than 2-3yrs old. The location is great and it is easy to enjoy the water activities (sailing, jet skis, kayaks, parasailing). The pool and hot tub are great. The wed. afternoon fashion show and cookout are always fun and we look forward to them every year. It is within walking distance (not even 2 miles) to restaurants, bars, shopping, gas station.. almost everything! We come here every year as a family and have passed up other vacation spots (Sanibel, Key West, Miami) to keep coming back. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Liked — Staff and location
  • Disliked — hhmm.. hard to find something wrong with it
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
West Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

We stayed for a week and booked with Hilton timeshare points. We were surprised this is a Hilton property (there is no insignia when we got there, but assumed it was because we were able to use our points ) as it was definitely not up to Hilton standards. This hotel would be okay if you're on a budget, but when you used to high quality condos, it was quite disappointing.
The decor and furnishings were outdated and old and various things didn't work- phone, hot water in one of the baths, microwave. It was difficult to deal with the front desk. We stayed a week, and the entire time we were there never saw any staff cleaning anything on the grounds. Cigarette butts in the stairwell. Filthy elevators, never cleaned pnce. The gym was a joke, filled with old equipment. The grounds and common areas were dirty and unkept. Parking was free but very limited. The pool was kept cleaned. I guess we were there during off-season and they don't maintain the staff. The beach in front of the hotel had way too many shells, further down the beach was much better kept.
I would only recommend this property if you get a stellar price on it and are looking for a bargain, like no more than $700/week.

• Liked — the oceanview
  • Disliked — the outdated decor
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

We traded for this property thru RCI. We were told about the construction upon booking this unit. We called the facility and they were very honest. The only noise we ever heard was the back up beeps of equipment. You had to really listen to hear them. Every so often you would hear something but nothing disturbing. We never heard anything in our building and we were closest to the construction. We actually went on a visit of the facilty and we were given 150.00 to use during our stay at designated Rest.
Yes, the rooms need renovated but they are CLEAN. The kitchens have been renovated and are very nice. The staff was very nice and very helpful. The activities were nice but the children's Activities Director seemed not to like her job. She had the attitude that we were disturbing her by showing up for scheduled activities. The other Activities lady was very nice! The help yourself activities are GREAT!!!!
I would not recommend the Sunset Beach Photographer Peter . Do not take the time to dress your entire family. We arrived FIRST for our pics. and he never got to us!!! He is very unprofessional. He was to busy taking everyone else's pics that arrived after us. Anyone with small children he took first. The ages of my children are under 10. By the time he got to us the Sun was TOTALLY gone. We left without any pictures. After telling the story at the pool - everyone was finishing my story for me. They had been there done that with Peter. Don't waste your time and effort!!!!!!!
We truly had a great trip at this facility even though we had a few glitches. I would recommend this facility. It is very relaxing. The beach chairs are awesome, as well. Paul does and excellent job with them.

• Liked — The beach, view, and the amenities.
  • Disliked — The photographer and Children's Activities person.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Friendswood, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

We are HGVC members and decided to stay at the Charter Club. The unit that we stayed in was average for a Hilton managed property. The rooms were clean and the elevators are being updated. The master bedroom had a king size bed and the second bedroom had two twins. You can use the fold out couch for a bed however, my children complained about how very uncomfortable it was.The beach was clean and the shelling and sunsets were great. However, the water at the beach was not clear at all.

• Liked — view of beach
  • Disliked — bed linen
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

I just returned from staying at the Charter Club over Spring Break. I was a little worried about the noise of the new Marriott's construction after reading reviews, but it must be in a new stage because I barely heard anything. I thought the Charter club was well maintained except for paint in the front. The pool area was large and I could always get a chair if I wanted one. The cabana rentals on the beach are definately the way to go. The view from my sixth floor was incredible. I thought the kids activities for my 11 year old and her friend were great. The staff was so nice and all the people staying there. I met so many people and loved the free lunch on Wed and the Margarita party on Thursday. This is a great timeshare experience. Hotels with drink service are nice but way more costly. This is low key, less people and more relaxing.

The rooms are large and clean. Loved it.

I would go again.

• Liked — View of ocean, beach, pool area, kids activities
  • Disliked — paint peeling off in front
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

My family of two teenagers and three adults just returned from Marco Island after a week stay at The Charter Club of Marco. After booking this timeshare last January, I returned to Tripadvisor and read some unflattering reviews and became very anxious about staying at The Charter Club. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find a welcoming and very conveniently located condo. One of my initial concerns was the noise from the construction to the north of the condo. I did not have to worry. You can not hear the construction unless you are on the beach and directly in front of the building being renovated. We stayed in the south building overlooking the pool. I recommend staying in this building because of the view. The pool is lovely. Lots of greenery and very clean. Small children's pool and a hot tub. There is a large grill by the pool which we used to grill cheeseburgers. Others made dinner there. The other concern I had was that the condo was described as "dated." It is dated. The condos are 25 - 28 years old. However, they were clean. I had considered the South Seas, but after reading the reviews about the rigidity at the pool, I decided this was not for my family. I walked to the South Seas and read the pool rules. In addition to the usual, "No diving, no glass near pool," their rules included, "No objects in the pool. No balls, no rafts," Nothing. At The Charter Club, you can not have large rafts, but there were lots of noodles, small flotation toys and families playing ball. Another rule at the South Seas included, no drinks by pool and no food on Pool Deck. Yikes! We ate chips and sandwiches by The Charter Club's pool and enjoyed full days at the pool. Finally, The South Seas buildings are a long way from the beach. A really long way. I don't have a timeshare at The Charter Club and just happened to find it when looking for accomodations on Marco Island. My understanding is that there are only four condo complexes that can rent by the week. For families with small children they had crafts and activities for the kids. They also had ice cream socials and margarita happy hour. Mention that you have AAA and you may get a discount.

• Liked — The friendliness, pool and location
  • Disliked — It wasn't as clean as I would have liked, but still acceptable
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

We recently spent a week at The Charter Club in a corner unit in the north building. The views were spectacular! The two bedroom units are nicely decorated, and the balcony was large with plenty of seating for a family. The grounds at The Charter Club are beautiful with two tennis courts which are also in perfect condition. Everyone at this resort is very friendly, and the pool area was never too crowded. Across the street there are shops and restaurants all within walking distance, and we had two great dinners at Almost Famous Mel's (which had just opened). There are sea kayaks, hobie cats and sunfishes available to rent (free for owners at The Charter Club), and there are plenty of jet skis along the beach for rent also. The long stretch of beach is great for walking, and everyone is out in the evening to watch the sunset. We can't wait to return next November!

• Liked — The ocean front location and views
  • Disliked — Needs better internet access in units
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Charter Club of Marco Beach? Share your experiences!