“Very good food and service, highish prices!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 103 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Waterfront dining on Smokehouse Bay...Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and sushi. Large full liquor bar. Salt water aquariums, waterfall, and fishing pond for children. Gluten Free menu choices, as well as vegetarian selections. Numerous fresh seafood choices. Family owned and operated.
The Northern most Key - Mil-wau-key
“Very good food and service, highish prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were a party of four for a late lunch. The food and service were very good. The prices are a bit on the higher side for this type of restaurant, but the outdoor seating made it worth the price. We would go back again.

Visited December 2013

Naples, Florida
“food good, service better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I went to Mangos a few weeks back for drinks . They have an excellent happy hour, with most prices cut in half and most drinks are less than $5.00. We looked at a menu and decided to try it in the near future. The hostess originally put us at a high 4-top table, but my petite wife, who is uncomfortable sitting at those types of tables asked for a regular one. The hostess showed us to a regular table, explaining that a large family with several young (and boisterous) children were sitting nearby, and assumed that we may want to sit away from them (NOTE: I appreciate that kind of consideration). We settled in and a young SE Asian waitress was out server. She promptly brought us our drinks and some rolls. I ordered a conch chowder (good, very spicy, but could have been more generous with the conch). For dinner, my wife ordered the crab cakes and I ordered a "2-pork special". My wife was very happy with the crab cakes, calling them unusual, but very good. My special was also good (although the chef needs not cook the pork for so long, as it was flavorful but dry and needed the sauce. Note to chef, a bit of pink in pork is perfectly OK). The chef came out afterward and introduced himself (apparently, this place has gone through several chefs). It was fairly impressive overall.

I want to warn people that the entire dinner menu is an "Asian-Infused" cuisine, so everything on orders for dinners has some Asian influence in the cooking. This may not be what you expect, so one has to go into it with an open mind.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Great Food, Great Service, Great View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stopped for dinner one evening. Very good food, service, and view. Looks out on a bay and marina off the northern end of Marco Island.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Just don't order any wine...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was a major letdown for us. I reviewed Mango's on TA before and gave it 5 stars. It "WAS" one of my favorite restaurants, but this last experience left me befuddled.

After we sat down, two waiters came to our table. One was training (Harry), the other was shadowing. OK, so my wife ordered a house red wine and stated that she's not fussy about what kind, but to try to give her one that was recently opened. (We have had several less than stellar wine experiences there... house wine is $5 per glass, usually drinkable) The waiter returned and explained that their house wine comes in large bottles and was opened 2-3 days ago. He said that the only wine he had that was opened TODAY was a Kendall-Jackson and asked if that would be all right. She agreed that it would be ok. The wine came, and we both questioned as to how long it had been opened. Let's just say that it's "lungs were full". For dinner, she ordered a second glass.

When the check arrived, I noticed that the wine went from $5 per glass to $12 per glass. I asked an employee to send over the manager and at least find out how this happened. Wasn't intending to cause a scene, just looking for an explanation. The "manager" turned out to be "Harry". I asked politely why we went from $5 to $12 per glass of wine. He then told me that he did ask us if the Kendall - Jackson would be ok... (Which he did) So I asked him if he thought it was fair that he increase my cost to $12 per glass because he only had "old house wine". Was there nothing a little more reasonable? His response was brilliant... "Well" he said, "at $12 per glass, the Kendall-Jackson is actually a good deal!" How do you argue with that kind of logic.

My wife then softly mentioned that perhaps it would be fair to mention the price of a wine that is more than more than twice the price. His response: (equally brilliant) "Yes, in the future, I will. Thanks for your feedback."

Obviously, tourists are here again, and let's not worry too much about repeat customers. ( We live here year round and went there at least once per month)

It's a shame about that Mango's just can't seem to get their collective act together. It's a great setting, the food is usually very good, but always check your bill... but. We won't be going back. It's good... but not THAT good. BTW... I might also suggest that you don't serve the appetizers and the main course at the same time. Never mind... it's probably just me.... Perhaps I will get a call from an owner... oh, that's right... that would probably be "Harry".

Marco Island, Florida
“14.00 to 17.00 for a burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Four of us had lunch here and the food was average at best but the prices you could do better at the Hilton. Unless you have money to waste this is not a place for a casual lunch. I would advise checking the menu online and then decide.

• Visited November 2013