Overall, we were really pleased with our stay at the resort. We felt the staff was very attentive to our needs and knowledgeable about the island. The one bedroom suite has a kitchen, which is nice if you don't want to go out for every meal. The room was clean and furnishings didn't look tired and outdated. There's room service twice a day and they clean your dishes if you cook! Noise was an issue, but not voices though. We were woken up two mornings around 6 am because we had neighbors above us who constantly were opening and closing their patio door for some reason.
They really made the stay enjoyable for our young children, 2 and 4. Baby sea turtle stuffed animals were delivered the first day, and since it was Easter weekend, there was an Easter egg hunt with plenty of eggs in the garden terrace one morning and you could arrange for the Easter bunny to deliver a Easter basket of treats.
On the beach, the staff sets up chairs and an umbrella for you . You can also order drinks and food on the beach. As other reviewers have noted, the pool area is small and can feel crowded at times.
The food and drinks were a little hit and miss from the Beachfront Bar and Grill. Some of the sandwiches were just ok and a little pricey. The quesadilla and shrimp were tasty. My mojito tasted watered down. (It was a warm day on the beach, but I still should've still been able to taste my drink.) I got a frozen drink on another day, which was a lot better. We ate at Sale e Pepe one evening. Beautiful patio area. Food was also very good and they had a kids menu. There is a breakfast buffet at the restaurant ($22 adults, kids were half off) with an omelet station, fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, breakfast meats, etc.
Last thing, when you make a reservation, be sure to check for the option with a $75 daily food voucher and free valet ($18 daily). It isn't that much more than just getting a room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort epitomizes the AAA Five-Diamond standards. Marco Beach Ocean Resort features casual and elegant dining, a spa and fitness center, pool and hot tub, rooftop gardens, four miles of white sand beach and nearby golf, tennis and shopping. Complimentary smoothies on the beach and pool offered daily at 3pm. Wireless internet available complimentary to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marco Beach Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Beach Ocean Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Beach Ocean Resort
- Marco Beach Resort
- Marco Island Beach Ocean Hotel
- Marco Beach Ocean Resort Marco Island, Florida