“Our new favorite place!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
$75 Daily F&B Credit
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Marco Island
New Smyrna Beach, FL
“Our new favorite place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

For twelve years we stayed at the Marco Island Marriott. Last year we were fed up with Marriotts in general and decide to try the Marco Beach Resort. We were extremely pleased and would never go back to the Marriott. Our two bedroom suite not only had a full kitchen, but was also spacious and nicely decorated. Our previous two bedroom suite at the Marriott was somewhat shabby and had a Murphy Bed and only a mini frig. Also the room rate was less and we certainly got more for our money. We will be returning next month and are really looking forward to our stay at the Marco Beach Resort.

Stayed July 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

My fiance and I stayed at Marco Beach Resort the last weeked in May to attend a wedding next door at the Marriott. We were very happy with the accomodations, which was a garden view suite. The bathroom was the best feature with marble floors, double sinks and separate shower/tub. Unfortunately we arrived late and left early the third day so we did not check out the grounds. The only drawback was the very loud a/c however we were glad to have it with tempurature in the 90's. The island itself was pretty slow and not crowded due it being the off-season, so those looking for a slower pace during the summer, this is the one to visit. Definitely look forward to visiting the hotel again.

• Liked — Bed and Bathroom
  • Disliked — Loud A/C
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

My husband and I along with our 11 month old son had a great week at this hotel. It had a very homey feel to it. Breakfast was amazing at Sale e Pepe. The kitchen in our room came in very handy for preparing my son's meals. I was able to warm up his bottle, heat up his lunch on the stove (there is a microwave as well) & I actually made a simple dinner one night. The hotel supplies you with everything you need (forks, knives, dishes, glasses, pots). There is a supermarket less than 5 mintues away. Every day has been pleasant here. I've travelled to several Caribbean Islands before and Marco Island feels like one. I've read a lot of reviews on this website and I can't believe that anyone had complaints. Service is impecable. Any time we needed something, even as little as having my son's float filled with air, they did it with a smile. The hotel room is spacious, the bathroom is large. There is a seperate shower and bath. There are great places to eat around that are child friendly. I've seen many couples without children that seem to enjoy themselves. I believe if I did not have a child I would still visit this hotel. Traveling with my son for the first time has been a pleasant one, and I believe this great hotel had a lot to do with it. I highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to come back soon!

• Liked — Service is great. The staff makes sure your stay here is comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

My wife and I visited Marco Beach Ocean Resort for Memorial Day Weekend 2007.
I booked the stay completely over the internet and took a leap of faith and we couldn't have been happier.
We count the days until we have a reason to visit and stay again. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. We drank our morning coffee on the porch looking over the gulf each morning. We enjoyed the sorbet on the beach and at the pool at 3:00 each day and loved the staff. We took advantage of a couples massage and were both impressed.
If you're looking for a great get away and a little less of a "touristy" hang-out, look no further than the Marco Beach Ocean Resort.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Having no option to self park
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
POLAND SPRING MAINE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

Just got back on May 9th, outstanding 5 days at this beautiful resort. If you want to experience a first class resort with quality people to make sure you are happy, this is the place to go. My wife and had the most relaxing vacation after 23 years of marriage. Excercise in the morning and on the beach by 10:00, a Bloody Mary at 11:00, lunch served on the beach at 12:00 and Sorbet brought to all the quest at 3:00. We have stayed at many 5 Star resorts and this is at the top of the list. Some tips if you are thinking of going: Sign up for the I PREFER Global Guest Program, it is free and you do not have to pay the $15.00 a day fee for parking your car and if available you may receive a free room upgrade. We rented a convertable and brought along a GPS with us and it was great, never got lost and I felt relaxed driving. The car rental companies offer GPS units to rent along with the car.

• Liked — 1ST CLASS FACILITY
  • Disliked — We slept good but the bed was a little too hard. (It is hard to come up with a negative.)
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Nor*Cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

We had a great experience at this place. The service and the decor was great. We had booked our stay at one of the links off of TripAdvisor and got a super great rate.
I also read that if you join iPrefer (joining is free). That's one of those frequent traveler cards for this group of hotels. As a member you get upgrades etc. I'm soooo glad I did. We got an upgrade from our "Garden View" which we booked to a partial ocean view for FREE. Also, we got free valet parking for our whole trip!!! So this was perfect - a superb hotel at a discount with free upgrades!!!
The only slightly negative thing I could say is that for such a grand hotel, the pool is tiny. But we didn't go in anyway as the beach was much more exciting for us.
I took a moonlit walk on the beach around midnight - wow - huge expanse of white beach and a great experience. Bring your room key to get out of the hotel gate to the beach.
I believe all the rooms have a full kitchen. There's no dishwasher but it has a stove, oven, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. We went to a grocery store on the way in and got provisions to cook with. Hint: they only have a dishcloth to wash with and you really need something more to scrub with, since the pots don't have teflon. If you're going to grill fish in the oven, get some aluminum foil too.
For fun look up Cool Beans, a small catamaran cruise operation on the island.
Have a great stay. We're back home now and still glowing from our trip.

• Liked — Great service
  • Disliked — Tiny pool
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. There are 4 of us - myself, my husband and our 2 kids (ages 4 and 11 months). The staff are all very friendly and attentive, particularly the valet staff, who always ask if you need directions, put water in our car, etc. The concierge is also helpful with recommendations, reservations, directions, etc.

Beach - Although it's true that there aren't a lot of activities, we didn't feel that was necessary when the most beautiful beach is right at your doorstep. You have a little walk, but nothing major. The beach is beautiful, clean and the staff gets you set up with towels, chairs and an umbrella. Perfect! Would be great if they had beach toys, but the shelling makes up for it. We spent hours just collecting shells! The 3pm daily sorbet brought around is a fantastic, cool treat. No need to bother with other beaches, this is really the best one.

Room - we had a 2 bedroom suite on the 11th floor. It was a very nice, clean room. A little small, but with little kids this wasn't a big deal. If you had 4 adults, or 2 adults and 2 older kids, this could be a problem. We didn't spend that much time in the room so it wasn't too bad. The kitchenette was useful, particularly if you have to clean bottles or toddler stuff. The bathroom was great - big tub to fit 2 kids. Nice separate shower. 2 sinks. Overall, great bathroom.

Food - we really enjoyed brunch in the attached restaurant - Sale e Pepe. Very good food, a little pricey but I guess that's to be expected. We didn't get a chance to check it out for dinner, didn't seem particularly family friendly with the "dress code." Otherwise, we didn't find much good food in Marco Island. The better restaurants are in Naples. Check out Tommy Bahamas (on 3d) and Chops City Grille (on 5th) - both have outdoor dining and are kid friendly. Good ice cream on 5th at Kirwins too.

Cons - The beautiful Gulf View is interrupted by the very small pool (which we didn't spend any time at because of the spectactular beach) and the restaurant roof. Poor design and obviously would be nicer if the hotel itself were closer to the beach and the views better. The rooms are very nice but smaller than we'd imagined. Not being able to park yourself was a pain. Although the valet staff are great, you shouldn't be forced to use valet.

Strange - the reviews mention people things getting thrown away by housekeeping. Same thing happened to us - my brand new In Style magazine that I'd been looking forward to reading. Gone! The management obviously needs to know about this.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and loved the beach and had a wonderful time.

• Liked — beach, staff
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Marco Beach Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!