“Great Comfort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Marco Island
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had never considered the area for vacation and found a gem. Very pleased with cleanliness and comfort. This accommodation didnt have the commercial feel but a homey feel. Very pleasant no complaints. The town is quiet, I mean quiet. Very refreshing and 100% relaxing.
Will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
811MarciaM, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear LuckyTV,

I always love it when a guest says they will be back and I am truly glad that you found our inn to be homey, comfortable, and above, all- clean!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again now that you found us!

Marcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We set this trip up on spur of the moment and located this hotel. Let's just say for the price we were a little weary but after seeing the room and the area we were located was excellent. We will be visiting again and booking a room in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 200's... Closest to the pool and tiki hut
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
811MarciaM, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Paul,

Thanks you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We would love to have you come back and stay with us again and it's always a delight when someone loves the room and the location!
Kind regards,
Terre Haute, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with this hidden gem. If you like clean and quiet and all the amenities of home, this is the place for you. This was our first trip to Marco Island and we booked thru TAN. Although not on the beach, everything is just a short drive away. We did many excursions while on our trip and it was always so nice to come "home' to a clean, peaceful, and comfortable room. The staff was always very helpful and friendly as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
811MarciaM, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hi Kathy,
Thanks so much for reviewing your week-long stay with us. It is our goal that you find the rooms clean and that they feel like home, so I guess we succeeded with your vacation experience! I'm glad you took so many excursions and got to know the island a lot better. Marco Island is a beautiful place and everything is so close on a little 4 x 5 mile island. We look forward to seeing you again!
Bloomingdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Marco Island. We were treated kindly from the start. Our accomadations were pleasent and would stay at the Lakeside Inn in the future.
Located close to everything that you need in this beautiful little town.

Green Features: Asside from the "heavy on the air freshener" which makes you think of what really is the smell is that they may be covering up. It was a very cozy place and we would stay here again in the future.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
811MarciaM, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I read every single review and value the feedback highly. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again! I am also pleased that we treated you with kindness.

Thanks again!
Islamorada, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My children and I found this quiet inn home-y and comfortable. We made dinner in the well-stocked kitchenette and just vegged in the living room and bedroom. The bathroom featured "yummy" shampoos and lotions! The beautiful pastoral views of the lake -- with a hammock calling -- prompted photos of wading birds hunting for their dinner while allowing one's mind to wander. The pool seemed to be well-utilized by guests, and many amenities from grocery stores to restaurants to things to do were nearby.
The front desk check-in was painless and fresh-baked cookies helped welcome us.
The in-room guest book allowed us to see how others enjoyed the room -- and they all did!

Green Features: Recycling bins in the room and multiple nights uses of towels and sheets helped save the environment.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
811MarciaM, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hi Jill,

Thanks for taking your time and for your lovely review of our hotel. I'm glad you were were able to just relax an enjoy the lovely little lake and the birds who have made their home here. Thanks for posting some pictures, too! We aim to make you feel pampered so I am glad we succeeded! Come and stay with us again real soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have stayed in Marco Island Lakeside Inn for a week on August. Overall we’re happy with our stay; here is the details:
- CHECK-IN: Welcoming was good and check-in was quick and easy.
- ROOMS: We stayed in a one bedroom suite with lake view. It has a bed-room with balcony, a bathroom, a living room with a kitchen includes all equipment you need even a dishwasher. Rooms and kitchen equipment were pretty clean and in good condition. Decoration was nice. Our balcony had a good lake-view. Lake includes various of birds and even two alligators (we had chance to saw one of them, it was a small pretty one :) ). You can enjoy your breakfasts and dinners (especially in full moon) here. Rooms have air condition which is a must for the area. You should close AC while sitting at the balcony if you want to listen nature instead of your AC.
- VALUE: We stayed on August which is low-season for Marco Island. The price we got was pretty good when we compare with the other hotels/motels around.
- POOL AND BEACH EQUIPMENT: There is a small pool, with grills and gazebo next to it. Lakeside inn provides towels for pool and beach chairs, umbrella and coolers for your beach trips. We barrowed just an umbrella and it was surprisingly in good condition when we consider our past experience with complimentary beach equipment.
- SERVICE: Lakeside Inn is managed professionally; we like the service in general. They also have a good cooperation with many web based travel organization that I personally like.
- PARKING: There were more than enough parking spots (at least in low-season), and it is free.
- LOCATION: Location of Lakeside Inn is the only problem if you want to stay just steps away from the beach. Marco Island is small enough but I think it is not pleasant to walk to the beach from Lake Side Inn. We drove to beaches every day and paid a parking fee of $8 per day which is still cheaper than hotel parking with mandatory valet services. Once you pay daily parking fee you can use your receipt to access all county beaches. Parking was not a problem in beaches for us, but I guess it can be a problem in high season. Access to the South Beach and Tiger Tail is a short drive, while Napel Beaches (like Napel , Loudermilk, Clam Pass Park, Barefoot beaches) is taking between 25-50 min. We loved Napel beaches, you can check my reviews about them.
- PROBLEMS WE EXPERIENCED: I wrote them in feedback form they have provided as well
1) Rooms were clean but our bedroom had a small ant/fly problem. Hotel management should check bedroom of suite 105. I don't consider this as part of a huge cleaning problem because the hotel is located just next to the beautiful lake; but still our bathroom and living room didn't have such a problem so I think it should be fixable.
2) Pool was closed 5 days of our 7 day stay due to renovation. During web reservation there was no notice about it. It was not a problem for us as we don't use pools in general if the area has beautiful beaches. But, as part of good customer service I would expect an early notice or price advantage for this service cut-off.
3) Pool construction was noisy for two days. Hotel has a policy for customers which asks avoiding making noise before 8:30 am and after 11 pm. Our room were just next to the pool and construction started at 7:30 am one day and 6:30 in the other day; and I woke up with that noise. I was expecting they should care a customer staying/sleeping just next to the pool like many other pool side rooms.
4) Hotel web site/service can be improved. For example, a confirmation email after web reservation is a must instead of displaying a confirmation page. Generally mobile devices is the easiest access point for reservation confirmations. Also there can be better descriptions about some other services like parking or borrowing beach chairs, umbrellas etc. We have learned them from Trip Advisor. Thanks to Trip Advisor and travelers! :)

Room Tip: Room 105 has: - good lake views, - noisy when children plays in the pool, or there is a constructi...
Green Features: Positive: - They have dishwasher, - They support and promoting energy saving policies. - They also keep the nature around the lake wild.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review of our rooms and property! May I first apologize for the totally unplanned resurfacing of the inside of our swimming pool. Had we known a sudden crack/problem would occur we would have notified all of our guests. Since it occurred and once we knew the specific dates the pool would be closed, we did call every guest who had not yet arrived, and advised them of the pool closing. I also apologize for the early hours the pool company awakened you those 2 days in their effort to get the pool back in service as soon as possible. All work is now complete and the pool will be chemically treated today and will be swimmable tomorrow (Tuesday 8/27).

I'm glad you enjoyed the one-bedroom suite- the kitchen, decor, cleanliness and the lovely view from the balcony.

I am sorry for the small ant/fly problem you experienced in your bedroom- if you had let us know, we could have taken care of it in just a few minutes.

I will also suggest to our website designers that they add more extensive information to our confirmations, as our website is currently being redesigned. When you contact us directly to book, you receive a confirmation with a full description of the suite, policies, and and directions as well.

Kind regards,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We took a mini vacay with the inlaws. Instead of the Keys, we opted Marco Island. I left this trip to my hubby, I was burned out from organizing my family reunion in CA. I was so surprised by the hotel, the nightly price made me nervous. I work for an airline so I travel a lot. This hands down is the cleaniest hotel I've ever stayed in. It is an older hotel, but there was not "old hotel" smell anywhere. I would stay here again and again. The staff is so friendly. My husband has a disabilty that requires his legs to be elevated at night. We order extra pillows in advance to accomadate when we travel. We did so on this trip too. They forgot to place the pillows in the room. By the time we returned from dinner the office staff went home for the evening. We did a courtesy phone call to have the pillows for the following day. One of the staff member returned after hours that night to bring pillows. I was shocked when the knock at the door was the sweetest little lady, with black curly hair. She remembered seeing the order and wanted him to be comfortable. I was once again plesantly surprised. The kitchenette was very convient. The screened poarch allowed me to enjoy tea and a novel in the am. I felt so rested.
We even had the opportunity to see a gator cruising across the lake.
I will be back to enjoy another relaxing mini vacay soon.

Room Tip: The rooms with the patios facing the lake give a serene atmosphere.
Green Features: They ask that you reuse towels, and only change lienens every 3 days. I see no problem with this request. I reuse my towels and linens at home. It's only a request, if you want fresh items daily they will provide it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your lovely comments and for noticing how clean the rooms are! Our housekeepers work really hard to keep them that way! I was the woman who brought the pillows for your husband that night so I appreciate your mentioning it and I am glad they made his stay more comfortable. I am glad you came away from your stay feeling frested and relaxed and we would love to see you "again and again"!

Kind Regards,
Marcia

Been to Marco Island Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!