We have stayed in Marco Island Lakeside Inn for a week on August. Overall we’re happy with our stay; here is the details:
- CHECK-IN: Welcoming was good and check-in was quick and easy.
- ROOMS: We stayed in a one bedroom suite with lake view. It has a bed-room with balcony, a bathroom, a living room with a kitchen includes all equipment you need even a dishwasher. Rooms and kitchen equipment were pretty clean and in good condition. Decoration was nice. Our balcony had a good lake-view. Lake includes various of birds and even two alligators (we had chance to saw one of them, it was a small pretty one :) ). You can enjoy your breakfasts and dinners (especially in full moon) here. Rooms have air condition which is a must for the area. You should close AC while sitting at the balcony if you want to listen nature instead of your AC.
- VALUE: We stayed on August which is low-season for Marco Island. The price we got was pretty good when we compare with the other hotels/motels around.
- POOL AND BEACH EQUIPMENT: There is a small pool, with grills and gazebo next to it. Lakeside inn provides towels for pool and beach chairs, umbrella and coolers for your beach trips. We barrowed just an umbrella and it was surprisingly in good condition when we consider our past experience with complimentary beach equipment.
- SERVICE: Lakeside Inn is managed professionally; we like the service in general. They also have a good cooperation with many web based travel organization that I personally like.
- PARKING: There were more than enough parking spots (at least in low-season), and it is free.
- LOCATION: Location of Lakeside Inn is the only problem if you want to stay just steps away from the beach. Marco Island is small enough but I think it is not pleasant to walk to the beach from Lake Side Inn. We drove to beaches every day and paid a parking fee of $8 per day which is still cheaper than hotel parking with mandatory valet services. Once you pay daily parking fee you can use your receipt to access all county beaches. Parking was not a problem in beaches for us, but I guess it can be a problem in high season. Access to the South Beach and Tiger Tail is a short drive, while Napel Beaches (like Napel , Loudermilk, Clam Pass Park, Barefoot beaches) is taking between 25-50 min. We loved Napel beaches, you can check my reviews about them.
- PROBLEMS WE EXPERIENCED: I wrote them in feedback form they have provided as well
1) Rooms were clean but our bedroom had a small ant/fly problem. Hotel management should check bedroom of suite 105. I don't consider this as part of a huge cleaning problem because the hotel is located just next to the beautiful lake; but still our bathroom and living room didn't have such a problem so I think it should be fixable.
2) Pool was closed 5 days of our 7 day stay due to renovation. During web reservation there was no notice about it. It was not a problem for us as we don't use pools in general if the area has beautiful beaches. But, as part of good customer service I would expect an early notice or price advantage for this service cut-off.
3) Pool construction was noisy for two days. Hotel has a policy for customers which asks avoiding making noise before 8:30 am and after 11 pm. Our room were just next to the pool and construction started at 7:30 am one day and 6:30 in the other day; and I woke up with that noise. I was expecting they should care a customer staying/sleeping just next to the pool like many other pool side rooms.
4) Hotel web site/service can be improved. For example, a confirmation email after web reservation is a must instead of displaying a confirmation page. Generally mobile devices is the easiest access point for reservation confirmations. Also there can be better descriptions about some other services like parking or borrowing beach chairs, umbrellas etc. We have learned them from Trip Advisor. Thanks to Trip Advisor and travelers! :)
Room 105 has:
- good lake views,
- noisy when children plays in the pool, or there is a constructi...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review of our rooms and property! May I first apologize for the totally unplanned resurfacing of the inside of our swimming pool. Had we known a sudden crack/problem would occur we would have notified all of our guests. Since it occurred and once we knew the specific dates the pool would be closed, we did call every guest who had not yet arrived, and advised them of the pool closing. I also apologize for the early hours the pool company awakened you those 2 days in their effort to get the pool back in service as soon as possible. All work is now complete and the pool will be chemically treated today and will be swimmable tomorrow (Tuesday 8/27).
Report response as inappropriate
I'm glad you enjoyed the one-bedroom suite- the kitchen, decor, cleanliness and the lovely view from the balcony.
I am sorry for the small ant/fly problem you experienced in your bedroom- if you had let us know, we could have taken care of it in just a few minutes.
I will also suggest to our website designers that they add more extensive information to our confirmations, as our website is currently being redesigned. When you contact us directly to book, you receive a confirmation with a full description of the suite, policies, and and directions as well.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.