We stayed at this hotel as an alternative to one of the big expensive hotels on the beach. The staff was personable and attentive. The hotel itself has a small pool connected to it and a very short area next to the "lake" (more like a large pond), which was very nice. Calling it "lakeside" is a little bit of a stretch although it was good and full of wildlife, birds, turtles, etc. Meals were a slight problem for us since we didn't have a car and so had to walk a few blocks to get to a restaurant. One can get taxis for $6 to anywhere on the island but having breakfast closer would have been nice. (There are coffeemakers and coffee in the rooms, though.)They do have an area which seems like it could someday be transformed into a dining area. There are certain rooms that have balconies and others that don't. We did like this place and would recommend it with these caveats. We will probably be back.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Lakeside Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Lakeside Hotel
- Lakeside Inn Marco Island
- Marco Island Lakeside Inn Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marco Island Lakeside Inn sits one mile from Marco Island beaches and boasts a sparkling-heated pool and affordable rates year round. Come and enjoy the only Lakeside getaway on Marco Island. A Cozy Island Getaway. Our 19-suite Marco Island Inn offers two two-bedroom suites, 10 one-bedroom suites and seven studio suites. Our spacious and comfortable suites have been recently remodeled and decorated with a cottage chic decor reminiscent of Old Florida and Key West. Each hideaway is thoughtfully appointed with a fresh, clean white and beige pallet and select floral accents. Wicker cottage-style furniture tastefully completes the setting for an island atmosphere. Imagine French doors, private decks, lake views, tropical breezes and blue skies....you are at Marco Island Lakeside Inn. Lakeview Suites offer a screened-in balcony overlooking the Marco Lake, which is designated a natural habitat for local birds, ducks and turtles to name a few. It is the perfect place to sit and enjoy a cocktail before dinner while taking in the serene atmosphere. Our beautifully landscaped inn is located off the beaten track but close to everything. It is a serene sanctuary and a great retreat from the atmosphere of the large resorts and high rises. You will feel right at home the moment you enter. Our friendly staff is quite informative about the local area and offers a personalized experience of Marco Island. If you are looking to escape your fast paced life and slow down for a while, you will want to stay here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Marco Island Lakeside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.