“A repeat visit with repeat satisfaction!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Marco Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
East Coast
“A repeat visit with repeat satisfaction!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I returned here in Mid-November. Although I knew I was in Paradise (seeing the water, palm trees, etc.), what made it special was the warm "Welcome to Paradise!" greeting I received from the people working at this wonderful resort. I didn't even get to my room yet, and I was greated with smiling faces, warm wishes, and unlimited attention. ALL individuals/workers associated with this resort and it's continued success should be commended for their outstanding job and dedication to making this a place truly worth revisiting time and time again! I will be back again in February with my kids. I've showed them pictures, and they can't wait to go!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
Rockwall TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

We love this place. Rooms were large and the beach was beautiful. We stayed 5 nights and had two connecting oceanfront rooms - one for mom/dad and the other for 4 teenage boys. We could sit on the large balcony and watch the kids at the beach and pool. The hotel was full because of a convention, so the pools were a bit crowded. We got up a bit earlier to make sure we got chairs at the pool. One of the reviews mentioned that Marco is "boring" compared to NYC, and I would agree. But that's exactly why we came to Marco Island. It has a slower pace and is a great vacation spot for families. Marco is not overdeveloped so many popular beach areas in Florida. There are several good restaurants and a few souvenir shops in Marco. We did drive to 20 minutes to nearby Naples for additional dinner and shopping options.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

Great 7 day stay with 16 yr old son. Reataurants serve very good food, lots of choices. Rooms were very clean had an okay view. Next time will get sunset view, was a big mistake to not book sunset view. Hotel was vary busy, all charges to room were accurate, valet worked out really well and only $20 a day. Internet was a bit slow. Beach was spotless and great foe shell hunting. Only negative was 16 year old boredoom. Would go again as alternative to caribbean. We had hoped this would give us that feel but it did not.

• Stayed November 2010
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a week in November 2010.

The rooms are spacious, clean and the balcony has unbelievable views. My only complaint is that the bathroom is not designed well. There is no door to the area in the bathroom that has the sink. Similar to a Residence Inn style.

The property location is perfect. The beach area is beautiful and plenty of room to lay in the sun or enjoy the beach. Note, we reserved a chickee hut before we arrived but ended up canceling it. It is not worth the money although I guess if it was extremely hot it may be wirth it to allow for some shade. They also rent chairs with umbrellas for much less. Also note, the chairs without the umbrella are available at no cost.

There are two pool areas. The one pool area with a slide is mostly used by kids. The other pool area I think was meant to be more of an adult pool but there were a lot of kids in this pool too. In fact, you should be aware that this hotel is very family and kid friendly. If you are looking for a more romantic couple type resort, this is probably not it. We were looking for a couple type resort but stlll ended up enjoying our stay despite the family oriented atmosphere.

The food at the bar ( Quins I think it was called) is just average. Typical bar food. The food at the Pizza place ( can't remember the name 400 something ?? ) is EXCELLENT !!! I would have eaten there everyday. Also if you are going with kids or you drink softdrinks, they have a great deal where you buy a large souvenir cup with free refrills for the duration of your stay for like $9 bucks.

We also had dinner in the expensive restaurant on the premises (again can't remember the name begins with a K ) and while the food was good, it was not wirth the cost and I would not recommend it.

The sunday breakfast buffet is a great deal. The food was excellent with a lot of choices and highly recommended.

The one complaint is that there is no nightlife at the hotel or in Marco Island. There really is not much to do once the sun goes down. However, I highly recommend the local comedy club inside Captins ??? (the hotel can direct you ). This is within walking distance and they have shows Thursday through Saturday with or without a VIP package that includes dinner ( I would skip the VIP package).

There is also an Irish Pub in this same plaza (same plaza as the comedy club) that was good but very few people inside.

I also highly recommend a pizza / Italian restaurant located just down the street called Joes. The food was excellent !

The service and staff at this hotel was outstanding ! They will do everything to make sure your stay is perfect. They also have a vacation planner that will arrange resrvations etc.. for you before you check-in.

Bottom line, the resort itself is a beautiful property located directly on the beach and during the day you will love the pools and beach. At night, there is not much to do at the hotel or in Marco Island and you may be bored. This is a very kid friendly hotel so expect a lot of kids to be in the pool, hotel and beach area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

This resort has nicely appointed rooms, however traveling with an senior parents who found the bed/mattress to be so high off the floor it was difficult and dangerous to get up and down!

This place has a fabulous white sand, flat beach. Lots of things to rent - ski doos, sail boards etc. but pretty pricey. They charge for lounge chairs, tiki huts, umbrellas etc. Nothing was included. Gets even more expensive for families. They also services like small boat tours etc.

Nice swimming pools, both for adults and smaller, plus shallow one for kids.

They charged $20/day to park across the street. Have no idea what it costs for valet parking in the same lot, probably more. Parking is not convenient for seniors as it across the street and then you have to hike back across and uphill.

I think internet service was $25/day.

We did not eat there as that seemed too pricey. For room service coffee was $5 and another $2 or $3 if you wanted cream with it. Breakfasts seemed to start at $20/person. Plus the service charges and taxes.

Good location to find things to see and do. Check out other local spots for day trips, you might save on things like shelling tours, dolphin and sight seeing trips.

Overall - very nice amenities, but expensive.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

To start, I have essentially grown up going to Marco Island. We owned a condo there and have also rented homes there and stayed at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort (see review if you're interested)...

The Marriott is huge. Sprawling. Check-in was our biggest glitch, but this is more of an expedia issue than a Marriott issue. We booked (and pre-paid) for a room with $50 per day resort credit. When we went to check in, we were told that "special" is only for Christmas. Well,... ummm... I've already PAID for it. I had to schlep to the business office and print out my reservation. Then speak to a front desk manager who told us to call expedia, while she called her manager. Seriously? This is NOT how anyone wants to start their girls' weekend of relaxation and fun. We were on the phone with expedia. They were talking amongst themselves. Finally, the front desk agent (who was very nice) said they would just go ahead and authorize it. Again, in my head, I'm thinking... UMMM, Yeah, because I've already PAID for it. This might be an expedia issue, but it definitely trickled down to the first impression. The room wasn't ready, so they took my cell phone number and we headed to the outside pool bar. Almost instantly, we got a call and from there, I have almost nothing but positives.

Beach is gorgeous. Getting a beach chair isn't always the easiest, but manageable. The "adult" pool definitely still had kids in it, but most of the kids stayed in the other pool with slide and waterfall. Service poolside was good. The food is actually very good. We didn't order anything off the Quinn's menu OR the room service menu which was disappointing. Expensive, yes, but you expect that.

The valet parking was worth the extra $8 not to have to schlep across the street for your car, but with tax and tip every time you get your car, it adds up.

My biggest thumbs up goes to the tiki hut water sports guys, Brandon and Brian S. We went on the waverunner tour and it was great. Stopped and actually LOOKED at the dolphins, rather than racing around like it was just a speedway. Brian did the intro to the tour and was funny and informative. Brandon was our tourguide and he was great. I would HIGHLY recommend this tour.

All in all, we left the Marriott very happy and would definitely go back. Lots of conventioners, lots of wedding and lots of vacationers of all types. Crowded, perhaps, but still relaxing and very service oriented. I would recommend this hotel for almost anyone... romantic, fun, service-oriented. Just bring your wallet.... you'll need it. :-)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Eastern PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I went into this trip with eyes wide open. Knew drinks & food would be expensive so that was no surprise. Good pina coladas...with floaters! We upgraded to oceanfront room. Gorgeous views. Had great sushi in the hotel. We had a late breakfast buffet (good smoked salmon) that served as lunch. Service poolside was very slow - faster to go get things yourself. The beach is wonderful and the shells are plentiful. The downside: my friend had her makeup bag stolen from our room. Expensive bag, brushes, and makeup...you expect to need to lock up cash, etc but makeup? Staff merely asked that she complete a form. No real apologies. That night someone talking in hallway woke me up just before the fire alarm went off at 2:30am, strobe light didn't go off for 30min after returning to room. Long sleepless night. No aplogies or explanations. Concierge almost rolled his eyes at the thought the hotel was responsible. But all in all, would I stay there again? Yes but only off season. It would be far too crowded for me if the hotel were fully occupied.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa? Share your experiences!