To start, I have essentially grown up going to Marco Island. We owned a condo there and have also rented homes there and stayed at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort (see review if you're interested)...
The Marriott is huge. Sprawling. Check-in was our biggest glitch, but this is more of an expedia issue than a Marriott issue. We booked (and pre-paid) for a room with $50 per day resort credit. When we went to check in, we were told that "special" is only for Christmas. Well,... ummm... I've already PAID for it. I had to schlep to the business office and print out my reservation. Then speak to a front desk manager who told us to call expedia, while she called her manager. Seriously? This is NOT how anyone wants to start their girls' weekend of relaxation and fun. We were on the phone with expedia. They were talking amongst themselves. Finally, the front desk agent (who was very nice) said they would just go ahead and authorize it. Again, in my head, I'm thinking... UMMM, Yeah, because I've already PAID for it. This might be an expedia issue, but it definitely trickled down to the first impression. The room wasn't ready, so they took my cell phone number and we headed to the outside pool bar. Almost instantly, we got a call and from there, I have almost nothing but positives.
Beach is gorgeous. Getting a beach chair isn't always the easiest, but manageable. The "adult" pool definitely still had kids in it, but most of the kids stayed in the other pool with slide and waterfall. Service poolside was good. The food is actually very good. We didn't order anything off the Quinn's menu OR the room service menu which was disappointing. Expensive, yes, but you expect that.
The valet parking was worth the extra $8 not to have to schlep across the street for your car, but with tax and tip every time you get your car, it adds up.
My biggest thumbs up goes to the tiki hut water sports guys, Brandon and Brian S. We went on the waverunner tour and it was great. Stopped and actually LOOKED at the dolphins, rather than racing around like it was just a speedway. Brian did the intro to the tour and was funny and informative. Brandon was our tourguide and he was great. I would HIGHLY recommend this tour.
All in all, we left the Marriott very happy and would definitely go back. Lots of conventioners, lots of wedding and lots of vacationers of all types. Crowded, perhaps, but still relaxing and very service oriented. I would recommend this hotel for almost anyone... romantic, fun, service-oriented. Just bring your wallet.... you'll need it. :-)
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island
- Marco Island Marriott Resort
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort Golf Club and SpaCome kick off your shoes and explore paradise found at this one-of-a-kind Florida resort, now celebrating the completion of a $225 million renovation and redesign that has infused every moment here with the spirit of Balinese beauty, hospitality and well-being - and added even more wondrous experiences to this already acclaimed destination. Nestled on three miles of pristine Southwest Florida beaches, the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort Golf Club and Spa is the perfect destination for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, a memorable meeting or an unforgettable wedding. With several renowned restaurants, championship golf, a world-class spa and a wide range of activities and amenities, Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort Golf Club and Spa now offers even more - including upscale shops for men and women, a free-form fantasy pool with views of the Florida Gulf, new dining options and completely redesigned and redecorated guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.