“Second Time Visitors and even More Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Marco Island
Clark, NJ
“Second Time Visitors and even More Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

Myself along with my wife and 2 children stayed at the Marriott for 6 days. We requested a room in the South tower and received a room on the 10th floor with a fantastic view of the Gulf. We stayed here 2 years ago while the renovation was taking place and were anxious to see the changes that were made.
The new pool is beautiful, very warm! It is only 3 feet around the edges and 5 feet in the middle making it enjoyable for everyone.. The kids really liked it.

The Staff was very attentive and helpfull everywhere in the resort including the beach. We went on the Calusa Spirit shelling trip and had a great time.

The only down side to the Marriott is the cost of food and drinks. I realize it is a resort and expect to pay more for things because of it but kids meals at $8.95 (peanut butter and jelly) was a bit much. Frozen Drinks are $10 and the average cost for 4 to eat any meal on the property is about $70.

It is a great place and I will be planning to go back.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

Just left the Marco Island Marriott Resort, but I wish I could have stayed longer! This was my first stay, but plan on going back next year, as the Fourth of July Fireworks were just off the beach!
Perfect viewing from the balcony of our room, facing the Gulf of Mexico in the South Tower. Michael and Barb are two of the friendly faces I remember at the Front Desk.
The room was tastefully decorated and housekeeping does a wonderful job.
Everyone who passed us in the halls greeted us and made us feel welcome.
Spent most of the day in the hot tub relaxing and people watching. There are 2 pools, one with a kids slide and another on the other side that they call Quinn's pool, which I understand is new. Very nice.
Had an awesome pizza at 400 Pazzi. As I understand, it is a new restuarant and it was great. I shared a Pizza Margherita with my father and my son had a Plain Cheese (Personal Size) served outside on the lanai, overlooking the water. The cost was less than 30.00 for lunch which I thought was reasonable, because we didn't have to leave the property. When we did leave, we went to the Sand Bar. We had an order of Nachos, Hot Wings, Soft Shell Crab Sandwich with Fries and a Chicken Philly Sub with They have free refills on their fountain drinks, so it was a great bargain at under $40.00.
They also have wave runner tours and parasailing right on the beach.
Bring the family-they will have a blast-we did!

Beware that there is some construction going on on the main road, Collier Blvd. but it isn't much of an inconvenience.

• Liked — Location-view
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2007

A friend and I needed a weekend away from the kids, and the Marriott Marco Island was just what we needed. I had booked the reservation online and they could not guarantee me 2 doubles at the internet rate, but I called the hotel the day before and spoke to the front desk and she said she would do what she could to get us a room with our preference. When we arrived, we not only got a room with 2 dbls, but she had upgraded us to ocean view.
The room was very nice with a huge bathroom and nice little verandah. One complaint is that the tub had a slow drain.
I have to admit that I spent a huge amount of time over at the spa. I had 2 massages and mani/pedi, all excellent, although the stone therapy massage was amazing. Along with the spa service itself, you get free use of spa facilities all that day, which included use of their private pool, outdoor hot tub, plus indoor hot tub, cold plunge pool, sauna and steam room. Heaven!
For 2 women wanting to avoid kids, the private pool hit the spot.
The hotel also has 2 huge pools for general use, with the kid pool having everything need to keep the young ones happy. I would come back here with my family.
We had dinner at the Kurrents restaurant, and although pricey, it was well worth it. We sat at the "bar" seating that is directly open to the kitchen. It was fun chatting it up with the head chef and watching his very well organized team put dinners out.
Other reviews do speak to the pricey-ness of the resort, but I would not say this is any different than a Marriott in Hawaii or Southern California. It is a resort, and resort prices prevail.
For those looking for some outside experience, I highly recommend "Stans" on Sunday afternoon. It is an outdoor bar/restaurant with live music and a really eccentric croud. Food is ok at best, but the people watching is priceless. Ask the concierge and she will give you directions.
All in all it was just perfect.

• Liked — The spa, Kurrents, pool scene
  • Disliked — slow drain in the tub
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2007

We stayed here June 2-June 6 and I want to mention that my husband is Marriott Platinum. The hotel did nothing for us celebrating our anniversary. We were given a corner room in the south tower with an ocean/pool view. The room was beautiful and quite large. Please note that from what we saw all corner rooms are part of 2 room suites the corner rooms are the second bedroom/living area. The beds are Murphy beds with a sofa next to them to fold up the bed and use as a living room. The problem with the bed is that it doesn’t sleep as comfortable as a the traditional king beds even though it has the Revive top mattress there is no box spring on the Murphy beds so you feel like your sleeping on a sofa bed. I mention this so you are aware when you request a corner room with a view. Of course the view is wonderful with wrap around windows so that’s the trade off. We had a chance to view one of the north tower rooms and they have not been renovated and there was a distinct smell in the hallways, stick with south tower rooms. The south tower lobby has piped in aromatherapy, which smells delightful!

The beach is not your soft sugar sand like the Sarasota area is famous for and is made up of crushed shells that can be uncomfortable to walk on. We were there right after tropical storm Barry and the beach was washing up huge barnacles with small clams attached. Making it ugly and difficult to walk the beach. After a few days of the muck sitting in the sun the smell was a very strong over powering fish smell. Shell hunting can be fun so bring a bag down to the beach but make sure you wash your shells very good before packing for home or the smell from the dead creatures inside will NOT pleasant.

The pool feels like its saltwater not sure if it is. All food and drinks are pricey. $9.00 for a pool cocktail and $15.00 for lunch poolside. Standard for a resort like this, but drinks were weak and food was too.
Instead walk 10 min. to this strip shopping center across from Hilton; there are several restaurants there, Mexican, Italian, and Irish Pub all have with patio dining. Our favorite was Capt. Brian’s. Everything from breakfast to lunch to dinner was great and reasonable too. They even have a raw bar there. Look up their web site the menu is great! They are also famous for their paper-thin slice roast beef. Do not miss ordering either the cold sandwich or the hot open-faced sandwich with gravy. The best I have ever eaten.
Do not go to Little Bar, as many will suggest; a hole in the wall, dirty old cigarette smelly place and food just ok. Crazy Flamingo is dive with patio dining facing the parking lot in a strip shopping area. Take my advice and save money eat very good food and stay with Capt. Brian’s. We did not see any dining on the water except at hotels.
All in all the Marriott is beautiful, the rooms very nice, food just OK,
Oh, I last bit of info. The resort caters to conventions so if one is there during your stay they take over the place including loud music from live band at pool until late.
Would I return? Yes….

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — the murphy bed
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hoboken NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

My wife and I went there for our honeymoon and had a great time. There were two large pools in which one was kid friendly. The resort was really nice. The beach had white sand which we loved. Also, the ocean was very clear and I could see the fish swimming next to me. Plus, on occassion we would see dolphins in the ocean farther out. How cool is that. Across the street about a block down we walked to this great seafood place. I think it was Bill's seafood. We ate there twice. All in all a great vacation and worth the money.

Stayed May 2007
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

My wife and I took our 2 1/2 year old son to this resort for four nights after a short stay at the Ritz Carlton in Naples. The resort itself does not compare to quality of the Ritz but the prices sure do. In some cases the Marriott was even more expensive. But all in all we had a wonderful time and I truly believe that you shouldn't worry about cost of things if you are paying 400 a night. The resort is wonderful for families and the beaches are wonderful. I would definitely recommend this resort for families not on a budget.

• Liked — childrens pool
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
fayetteville, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2007

We stayed June 8-11. The resort is beautiful. We are reward members and recd and upgrade(South Tower) ocean view. What a great view of the ocean, pool and Quinns. The resort is withing walking distance to several restaurants. I would have given this resort an excellent rating if I'd liked the beds. If you like super firm beds this is the place for you(Hampton Inn rules). I look forward to visiting in a couple of yrs with the kids and when the beds are broken in.

• Liked — the ocean view room
  • Disliked — the super firm beds were very uncomfortable
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa? Share your experiences!