“Not overly fancy or stuffy..Loved our stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Nightly Credit
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Marco Island
Belchertown, MA
“Not overly fancy or stuffy..Loved our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2005

Stay dates: Oct 30 thru Nov 4, 2005
Our stay was
just after hurricane Wilma. The weather was great and the shelling even better. I recommend the sailing & shelling cruise booked thru the Marriott. Captain Craig was great!
The stay was relaxing and we enjoyed dinning on the beach restaurant Quinn’s twice. We asked for something of a variation on the menu and they checked if the chef would do it. Yes they created coconut chicken tender strips for us. Everyone here was friendly and the service was great. I do not think that we passed anyone who worked for the resort who did not say hi or ask how we were enjoying our stay. I mean everyone. We stayed on the 10th floor in the South tower. The hotel was not overly fancy or stuffy which we liked. I would stay here again

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

1,873 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2005

Marco Island Marriot Resort & Spa is my favorite weekend get-away! My husband and I have gone alone, and we've also gone with our children. It's a great place for couples & families to go and relax. The waterfall pool is beautiful and the beach is amazing! The staff are very friendly, and the spa is wonderful.

• Stayed August 2005
Overland Park KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2005

Stayed here in Sept. for the World Tennis Conference with our 2 kids ages 5 and 9. Very quiet even with the conference. This resort is beautiful. Everyone is very friendly and goes out of their way to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are big and the fridge was nice. We ate at Tropiks several times. They have an early bird until 6:00pm for $18.95. It includes their all you can eat salad and dessert bar. You get to choose from 3 different items. Food was very good, one choice was salmon and the fish I received was white. I told the waiter this wasn't salmon and he tried to tell me it was. Salmon is pink I told him. He asked the chef and they ran out of salmon so served me sea bass instead. I would have liked to been told this before since I don't like sea bass much. They just apologized but never offered me something different. This was the only negative experience there. Did have a whole lobster for $22.95. They only have a few so you have to get there early.
The beach is beautiful. The tiki guys bring you chairs and towels. Tip them, they deserve it. Housekeeping was ok. Had dirty hand prints all over our balcony doors for 3 days. Finally after calling 3 times and talking to manager did someone come and clean it. Also, didn't mop bathroom floor everyday which was always covered with sand. Fidalgo nice place for a quick b'fast pastry. Their fruit cup is huge and very cheap. Scoozies nice for a quick sandwhich and milk shake or ice cream, there is a subway down the road for a lot less. All drinks and beer are expensive. Pack a cooler, buy drinks at Publix and take to pool and beach to save a lot of money. Soda's $2.50 a can, 5.75 for a cup of beer. Pools are great, slide closes at 5pm, a bit early I think. We would stay here again. Our kids loved it. The construction in front was a pain to detour around. Found a short cut on our last day!!!! Didn't get to do any shelling cruises because of hurricane Rita making waters to rough. Had awesome waves and found beautiful shells. Eat at Cafe De Marco, very quaint place on island with excellent service and food. The Fat Pelican (Irish Pub) very expensive, small portions and not very good food. Snook Inn--DON'T EAT THE ALL YOU CAN EAT SEAFOOD BUFFET. Awful!!!

• Stayed September 2005
Coldwater, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2005

My wife and I went to get some R & R, no kids. What a great place. If I had kids with, they would have loved the pool with the water slides and water falls. We enjoyed the other pool that was quieter. Gulf veiw room worth the expense, we had a corner room with both gulf and pool veiw. Room was clean and nice size. We were in the South tower, the North tower is being re done. My wife used the spa for a day, said it was well worth it. Food at their nice restaurant (starts with K) is awesome for at least one night, I'd venture out beyond that if you are looking for finer dining. Speaking of that, check out the Marco Polo. Fine dining, entertainment, great food, free taxi there and back, and they treat you like family. Don't miss the Lamb. We can't wait to go back to Marco Island and the Marriott , hope the Hurricane didn't hurt it too bad.

• Stayed October 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2005

My husband and I just came back from a long weekend here.

Very nice property--2 great pools, the one designed for kids was cooler than the other which at this time of year is a good thing as the pool water can get very warm and after a long walk on the beach something refreshing is what my husband likes. Reiterating what others have written--this is slow season so nice and quiet.

Parking for a fee is ridiculous as almost no other properties in the SW Fla area charge for parking. We had friends come to visit with us for the day and they were charged $20 for the NON_VALET parking.

Great sunset views--we had a top floor corner room and the room was also wonderful.

Ate at Kurrents one night. They bent over backwards to accomodate my food allergies. Food was good but pricey.

Red tide came thur on Sept 13th, not sure if it is still there. Hopefully not, but that can last for short periods or many months. Beach was picked clean of dead fish every morning but by noon there were many fish floating in the water and again on the beach. Nice shelling prior to that

• Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2005

Beachfront on the southern most part of Western Florida, this hotel is wonderful. From activities for the kids to dining in to the rooms and service, it will truly be a pleasure.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2005

The marriott on marco Island has met my expecatations. Stunning beautiful views(if you get the west facing rooms). From reading all the other reviews, they are accurate, save for these little things:
It is a paradise resort, and all your worries are taken care of, with a price. If you have a car, you have no choice but to park in their appointed parking space, of course. What they don't tell you is that they charge you $6 a day, and they also have the nerve to tax that! Make sure you tell them that you are not content with this at check-in, so you don't have a surprise at check-out.
Also, alcohol is ridiculously expensive, so bring your own bottle. But that's to be expected.
We had 3 in a room, so we needed a rollaway, and you knew it was a spring matress, because you felt the springs all night. Room service said that that's all they have.
DONT loook at the price list for the in-room beverages. Convenience at a prrrice..
You may want to make an issue of some of these and may get results. Otherwise, you may brush it aside, and enjoy it's incredible pampering. Try out the spa.
I guess we went at the best time...Low Season(summer), mid-week. We were practically the only ones there. However season I believe will be at-capacity. that's 720 rooms...2 pools...1 beach. Im not there to find out.
Summary: A great taste of what SW fla is about. The marriott is great save for these flaws. For a quieter retreat resort, you may want to try the Marco island ocean resort.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa? Share your experiences!