“Fun Resort and Great Wedding Destination” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Marco Island
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fun Resort and Great Wedding Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our time at this Marriott Resort even though the weather was miserable. It had all the amenities that we could ask for and the hotel staff was very helpful. With great views of the beach from almost any room in the hotel, it makes for a great morning of evening sunset. The beach was convenient and very clean. If you are there for July 4th the view of the fireworks is fantastic. Definitely the place to stay in Marco Island.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
pennsyvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Our getaway to Marco Island was wonderful. The weather was what I expected. This was our second trip to Marco Island, however, we have stayed at numerous Marriotts. Including JW. This time around at the Marco Island Marriott Resort, we were very disappointed. However, we will go back.

This Resort is a good price for what you get. By no means is this a JW or like a JW… Our experience the first time at the Marco Island Marriott was fantastic, which is why we decided to stay here again.

Let me start out by explaining what we did. Hubby travels. He gets points. We use points… We had enough points for 3 nights in the room we wanted which is the same type room we stayed in before… A partial pool/gulf view. We had 3 free nights, and paid for 2 nights… mind you, we paid for two nights at the partial pool/gulf view price.

I called several time prior to our arrival making sure we had the reservations and that nothing went wrong, double checked that we had the room type we booked.

Arrived early on Wednesday before Thanksgiving knowing that our room would not be ready at this time. We checked in. However, the room was not ready, but, says the CSR, Oriville, I would like to upgrade you and put you in this lovely , lovely room for you since you and your husband are Elite members… :) great! never ever received any type of upgrade with out paying before. So I said that would be great. I would like to be sure though that we do at least get what we asked for. A view of the pool and gulf view. Knowing darn well that sometimes when they say upgrade you really are not getting an upgrade. He said, oh, yes this room is beautiful. I will call you on your cell phone when it is ready… Someone called us, room in ready. BTW at 4:00 check in time… We were given 4 elite cards. Arrived at our room, which is in the furthest bldg. Cannot remember the names of the bldgs. If you are on the beach looking at the two lg bldgs, it is the bldg on the left. We stayed in the other bldg the last time. So we walked in, DBL beds they remodeled since the last time, it was nice as what a usual room should look like at this hotel. I walk over to the balcony to find that we were not upgraded. !!!! Really? I could not believe this.
Our view was a Tropical view of the island and overlooking the condo next door and part of the spa. Anyone that stayed here knows that is not a partial pool/ gulf view. I called the desk right away. oh mrs. DJB, but this is an upgrade. I said lets not argue we both know this is not an upgrade and I want the room that I booked. A view of the pool with a gulf view… Well we are booked up. I said I know you have rooms available. Give me someone else's room that did not check in yet, because that is what you did with my room, you gave it away. She told me I have to talk to the person that checked you in. He will call you back.. I told her if I do not hear from him within 10 minutes I will go over there heads with this… He called within 5 minutes and told me I will see what I could do let me call you back. He called back and told me I have a room for you. Wonderful, He met us half way near the elevators this time we are in the other bldg. We walked in our room and low and behold!!! the room I booked. However, it was closer to the gulf. I did pretty good. I then went down and gave him a tip… He did not have to do this. Although this is the room I ordered and he should have put us in it in the first place. This room was perfect as far as pool/gulf view, however, I think this room was a white elephant that no one wanted. The bathroom ceiling had water damage to the point that it was soft and wet. Bathroom above us was leaking. The smell in this room was terrible and giving us headaches. Not just me, the whole family. I did not ask to be moved, however, I did tell the CSR about the room, he offered to move us, but I declined. I said if it gets worse I will let you know. The rest of the stay was not too bad.

The overall resort is nice with two pools, but not enough chairs. We had this problem the last time too. Also, It is a big problem when groups save chairs at 7am and return to them hours later. The pool attendants were monitoring this but if people didn't complain they would not do anything. My family found two chairs near the towel stand, yuc. And we were lucky enough to get the two chairs next to us because they had been gone for over two hours. Pool attendant took everything off so we took the chairs. They came back clearly 3 hrs after we took the chairs and started yelling at us. I told them to see the attendant.

No turn down service, therefore dirty towels were not taken and new ones were not brought. Had to call down every night.

I will return to this location because this location is probably one of the best locations on Marco Island for the price.

Thank you for being patient.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less water pressure.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Typical upscale Marriott property; very nice but not out-of-this-world fantastic. Also typical Marriott add on pricing for just about everything beyond the beds in your room. $500 a night for a gulf view room with balcony and they tack on an extra $22 to park your chariot? REALLY??? Not that it's a surprise; it's just excessive.....it's Marco Island, the nearest commercial airport is 47 miles away; do they think that you are going to get there by bus??? Other than that, the facilities are well kept and the place has the feel of some luxury without seeming snooty. Several nice touches like being able to order food to be delivered to your beach chair via golf cart. Over-all, quite nice if all the add-ons don't bug you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Urbandale, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I love this property. A few little bumps along the way wouldn't stop me from giving this property a great review. A few things you should know; be prepared to spend, spend and spend some more. Everything has a cost at the Marriott. I spent $12 per day to park or $22 per day if you wish to valet park plus taxes and fees. Basic room service for breakfast which consisted of 2 - eggs, toast, hash browns, bacon, juice and coffee came with a cost of about $30. Dinner was the same. Everything came with service fees and taxes. Cocktails ran around $12 - 14 ea. which is pricey by most persons standards. The property offers several options for eating and drinking as well as a sushi bar. The beach has the softest sand I have experienced in a long time. Finally, I couldn't help but be a bit put out when my king bed, reservation made one month earlier, had been given away by the time I arrived. I was placed in one of the two newly remodeled towers (flat screen, ironing board, large closet, mini bar, safe and fridge) which was okay with me. Be aware of excess charges to your room for items taken out of the mini bar that you may not have taken. This happened to me and was resolved by a quick call to the front desk. However, if you don't challenge these bogus charges you and others will continue to be taken advantage of too. Nice property and beautifully manicured.

Room Tip: Rooms in tower one have large balconies with two chairs and one small table. The higher up you are...
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was an excellent place to go for Thanksgiving! The hotel accomodations were excellent the staff was above excellent, everyone was friendly, the service over the top. The hotel was totally booked, yet we never waited for anything. We ate at Kurrents for Thankgiving dinner, the service and food was excellent. Definitely going back next year!!

Room Tip: We loved our beach view room! Honestly, we have no complaints! We checked in on Thursday Thanksgivi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Went for convention. They handled multiple events seamlessly. Rooms were clean and decent sized. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly location was great. Hour and fifteen ish minutes drive from Ft Myers airport. Two pool areas. Could see this as a lovely wedding venue. Located on the beach. You can see white sand from many rooms.

wilmington,nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Beautiful white sand beaches which are very wide, several pools to choose from and balcony views from your room. We stayed in South tower but after touring the grounds would recommend the island tower. This property is very large but also very accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa? Share your experiences!