This is a wonderful resort with pristine beaches. We have been here 5 times in 8 years. There are always kids for my kids to play with at any time of year. The resort is very safe and laid out so you can see both pools, the beach and the game room at once. The rooms are spacious and clean (you can upgrade from a regular room to a 26/28 line suite or lanai suite for a small fee - but you get a great room!
My only gripe is the "don't ask don't tell" culture - no helpful hints or info into hotel offers are given without asking specific questions (Even with upgraded Marriott status).
A few tips - get in good with the pool wait-staff from Quinns, otherwise you will wait at least 20 minutes to get someone to take your poolside order; Buy the endless drink cup at Pazzi's; definitely take an excursion or two off the beach - but don't ride the Jet ski's - you can only go 8 buildings down the beach and it's not enough space to really get going.
Hint: You really don't need to leave the resort and parking is pricey - so rent a car at the airport from Hertz and return it at the Marriott and then rent again to get back to the airport. If you want to go anywhere on the island, it won't cost you more than $12 per ride.
Also - it is a resort - but the spa is very over-priced - $50 for a 20 minute manicure - and they are a bit disorganized there - so if you book a massage or other appointment, make sure you confirm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort Golf Club and SpaCome kick off your shoes and explore paradise found at this one-of-a-kind Florida resort, now celebrating the completion of a $225 million renovation and redesign that has infused every moment here with the spirit of Balinese beauty, hospitality and well-being - and added even more wondrous experiences to this already acclaimed destination. Nestled on three miles of pristine Southwest Florida beaches, the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort Golf Club and Spa is the perfect destination for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, a memorable meeting or an unforgettable wedding. With several renowned restaurants, championship golf, a world-class spa and a wide range of activities and amenities, Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort Golf Club and Spa now offers even more - including upscale shops for men and women, a free-form fantasy pool with views of the Florida Gulf, new dining options and completely redesigned and redecorated guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Otel, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marriott Marco Island
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa Florida